Obama most anti catholic president, disses pope benedict xvi !

Obama has sadly displayed his anti-Catholic feelings several times in his 130 days in office. The first was his blatant acceptance of speaking and receiving an honorary degree at Notre Dame, the former preeminent Catholic institution of higher learning in the U.S. While there he offered no apology for his pro abortion policies instead he encouraged the graduates to “come together” in dialogue with the pro death community. How does one equivocate on infant murder? In his Notre Dame speech he praised then Cardinal Bernardin of Chicago saying how he was influenced and impressed with the Cardinal and all his works of mercy in Chicago. Obama was so impressed with Bernardin that for twenty years he sat in a pew at the church of the racist bigot reverend Wright and listened to and absorbed all of the hate this so called cleric spewed. Next he refused to take part in the National Day Of Prayer. Next he refused to take part in the Catholic Day Of Prayer. Now it has been reported that on his European tour including Rome, Obama refuses to meet with His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI. He would be the first president in my lifetime to not meet in audience with the Holy Father in the Vatican which is an independent state with an American ambassador. This insult is reprehensible and must be addressed by all American Catholics even those who voted for this baby butcher. This dissing of the Holy Father is unacceptable!

Do you have a source for this information? :shrug::confused:

I think the President gets to choose who he meets.

God have mercy on your soul. May the anger in your heart be turned into love and charity…even for your “enemies.”

Do you think that attitude, which I believe in, will change this despot’s (Obama’s) heart?

I agree with you, twenty years of sitting in a pew and absorbing and agreeing with a racist bigot, reverend Wright, and refusing to meet with the world’s foremost moral leader. That says it all!

There’s no need for name-calling. God is merciful to all of us, even to those who we do not think deserve His mercy. I believe that nothing is impossible with God. That’s my answer to you.

Righteous anger IS full of love and charity. I see that the OP is correctly practicing two of the spiritual works of mercy - admonishing the sinner and instructing the ignorant. God will indeed reward that with mercy and love.

There’s a very thin line between righteous anger and self-righteousness.

I see that the OP is correctly practicing two of the spiritual works of mercy - admonishing the sinner and instructing the ignorant.

The “sinner” in this case is Pres. Obama, and I don’t see where the OP addresses him at all. He didn’t mention writing or speaking to him. No, he’s not admonishing the sinner; he’s having a rant. (And I can certainly understand that desire!)

The only sense in which he is instructing the ignorant is that he has told us - without proof - that Obama will visit Rome without visiting the Holy Father.

I’m with LoveJesus on this one. Venting on a public forum changes nothing. Praying for the President may accomplish something. It may be tempting to smack him with a clue-by-four, but the only thing that happens when we attack someone’s ideas is that they fight back. We want him to think, not defend himself.

Heart of Jesus, vessel of justice and love, have mercy on us.

Ruthie

LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE LINE. :eek::cool:

Weak Catholics are why the Catholic Church is in such a horrible state! :mad:

You’re calling me weak because I’ve chosen not to vent my anger on a forum to complete strangers instead of channeling that anger into something productive like praying and evangelizing others around me? Methinks it’s Catholics like you which is part of the reason why the Church in America is in trouble.

If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
For we know partially and we prophesy partially, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
~1 Corinthians 13*

What* if*** angry reaction is exactly what darkness is seeking :hmmm:!
Let me see :hmmm:how can I get a rise out of the Catholics, make them mad as hell with one another, just so I can prove to others how angry and* dangerous** they can become when anyone disagrees with them. Divide and conquer!!*
Do not focus on those who are doing nothing, focus on those who are doing something. Keep your** eyes** on the ball!
A steady show of inner** strength** and firm resolve is** more** likely to** frustrate** darkness than angry rebuttle of others!
Darkness feeds on reaction and** division**, but is confused by truth spoken in peaceful** authority**!
Pope Benedict will certainly be able to handle any* dissing** we might think he is receiving :yup:! His life is about pleasing God and doing God’s will. Presidents come and Presidents go :yup:. Pope Benedict is** keeping** his eyes** on the Ball!*
Ball = Big Picture!!!

What* if** angry reaction is exactly what darkness is seeking :hmmm:!*
Let me see :hmmm:how can I get a rise out of the Catholics, make them mad as hell with one another, so I can prove to others, how angry and* dangerous** they can become when anyone disagrees with them. Divide and conquer!!*
Do not focus on those who are doing nothing, focus on those who are doing something. Keep your** eyes** on the ball!
A steady show of inner** strength** and firm resolve is** more** likely to** frustrate** darkness than angry rebuttle of others!
Darkness feeds on reaction and** division**, but is confused by truth spoken in peaceful** authority**!
Pope Benedict will certainly be able to handle any* dissing** we might think he is receiving :yup:! His life is about pleasing God and doing God’s will. Presidents come and Presidents go :yup:. *
Pope Benedict* is** keeping** his eyes** on the Ball!*
Ball = Big Picture!!!

"In our time more than ever before, the chief strength of the wicked, lies in the cowardice and weakness of good men… All the strength of Satan’s reign is due to the easy-going weakness of Catholics. Oh! if I might ask the Divine Redeemer, as the prophet Zachary did in spirit: What are those wounds in the midst of Thy hands? The answer would not be doubtful: With these was I wounded in the house of them that loved Me. I was wounded by My friends, who did nothing to defend Me, and who, on every occasion, made themselves the accomplices of My adversaries. And this reproach can be leveled at the weak and timid Catholics of all countries."

Pope St. Pius X, Discourse at the Beatification of St. Joan of Arc, Dec. 13, 1908"

ncregister.com/daily/vatican_not_on_obamas_itenerary This is news story about the situation the OP described. It seems like Obama is trying to ignore the Vatican

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe that the US Presidents visit the Vatican everytime that they travel to Europe. This very likely much ado about nothing, at least so far as the visit is concerned.

John

I heard it on Fox news on Thursday. The Vatican says there are no plans for a meeting “as yet”. The president will be in Rome in July, if he has not scheduled a meeting with the Pope “as yet”, I doubt if it’s gonna happen!
[/quote]

The title of the article was Vatican Off Obama’s Itenerary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.