Obama says he's finding out 'whose *** to kick' over Gulf disaster

Is President Obama bowing to criticism that he hasn't shown enough emotion and outrage about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill? In an interview with the Today Show's Matt Lauer this morning, the president offered his most candid response yet about the disaster, bluntly telling Lauer he's been talking to experts about "whose *** to kick" when it comes to responsibility for the mess.
"I was down there a month ago, before most of these talking heads were even paying attention to the gulf. A month ago I was meeting with fishermen down there, standing in the rain talking about what a potential crisis this could be," Obama said, defending his administration's handling of the spill. "And I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar; we talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose *** to kick."

news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl2451

Yuppie, Obama said he'll whomp ***. Is this what Maher wanted from a black president?

I am glad that Obama is angry as he should be, but I do wish he would conduct himself with much more class.

why doesn't he start with his own??

That aside, I have enough reasons to despise that man, and what he is doing to my country. I don't blame him for the spill, he is not responsible for it. I can just hope that we don't rush through a slew of ill advised laws because of this.

[quote="MugenOne, post:1, topic:201186"]
Is President Obama bowing to criticism that he hasn't shown enough emotion and outrage about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill? In an interview with the Today Show's Matt Lauer this morning, the president offered his most candid response yet about the disaster, bluntly telling Lauer he's been talking to experts about "whose *** to kick" when it comes to responsibility for the mess.
*"I was down there a month ago, before most of these talking heads were even paying attention to the gulf. A month ago I was meeting with fishermen down there, **standing in the rain talking about what a potential crisis this could be," Obama said, defending his administration's handling of the spill. "And I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar; we talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose ** to kick."

news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl2451

Yuppie, Obama said he'll whomp ***. Is this what Maher wanted from a black president?

[/quote]

Actually, Mr Obama...you weren't down there a month ago...it was weeks ago AND you waited at the Whitehouse...before going there for over a month.

Well, he would have to kick either the elements of earth or fire's asses.

The fire and explosion that caused the pipe line to rupture are at fault. The fire for attacking the pipe, and the metal(earth) pipe for being too weak and breaking.

This is a daunting task! He must conquer the elements, and must find Ang the avatar and become his disciple! Only together will they kick the *** of the true perpetrators of the Gulf disaster!

Duh duh duuuuhhhhhh.

They need to hire someone with a tablet to walk around so BO always has something to read off of so he doesnt keep embarrassing himself and the presidency with his 'off the cuff' remarks.

Its kind of funny because if Bush was in office at this time, the media would be all over him saying how incompetent he is for not fixing it by now. Now that a guy who holds the same empty worldview as they do, they hand out more passes than the ticket booth at Disney World, and some lunnys are actually blaming this on Bush. It was his fault there was a Hurricane(not to mention the people too stupid too leave knowing a hurricane was coming and they lived below sea level and should probably leave...) and now its his fault that Obama cant make executive decisions and a fire started on an oil rig. I mean seriously, how can you argue with that 'logic'?

The "street thug" is coming out in Obama's speech and actions. Perhaps politicians, like TV and the Movies, are really just giving us what we want.:o

[quote="Aquinas62, post:3, topic:201186"]
I don't blame him for the spill, he is not responsible for it. I can just hope that we don't rush through a slew of ill advised laws because of this.

[/quote]

Deep ocean drilling has been stopped. This is a reactionary and ill-advise law. However, there is one change I would like to see. Since any drilling has a potential for disaster, any company that does drill, deep water of inshore, should have resources on station capable of controlling a spill. They should have a workable plan with contingencies for immediate response to any spill. The way BP is playing this whole thing by ear is a lesson for all industry. Worse case scenarios should be prepared for, practiced for, and resources deployed for. This could even be pooled resources, or contracted resources. But as in all things, planning must be done before disaster strikes.

[quote="pnewton, post:7, topic:201186"]
Deep ocean drilling has been stopped. This is a reactionary and ill-advise law. However, there is one change I would like to see. Since any drilling has a potential for disaster, any company that does drill, deep water of inshore, should have resources on station capable of controlling a spill. They should have a workable plan with contingencies for immediate response to any spill. The way BP is playing this whole thing by ear is a lesson for all industry. Worse case scenarios should be prepared for, practiced for, and resources deployed for. This could even be pooled resources, or contracted resources. But as in all things, planning must be done before disaster strikes.

[/quote]

Agreed. On a side note, Congress should realize they were very similiar in their lack of worse case scenario preparedness. I worked on Capitol Hill on September 11, 2001. When I started a few months prior I asked about evacuation policies if ever there was a bomb threat or something similar (at my job prior to that we had a bomb threat so we had to utilize the evacuation plan they had established). There was NO evacuation plan in our office nor in all the other offices. As we saw the smoke out our windows at the Pentagon we still were waiting for word on whether we could or should leave the office. :eek:

pnewton:
I was afraid to hit "reply" because I didn't want to get bitten by that cat! :)

Agreed also that deep water drilling needs to be addressed a little differently. Which no doubt will be the course of action this point forward.

But for what it's worth, I'm still impressed at how much hardware and crews were mobilized in roughly a 6 week time. Intimidating amount of logistics, even in an emergency. Government agencies would have never deployed this quick.

I remember a big snow storm on the east coast this past winter and with government equipment quickly becoming overwhelmed, many municipalities turned to private companies for help. Landscaping, construction, agriculture had better equipment in better condition to come to the rescue.

The same applies here. BP is definitely in the hot seat here, but they and other oil tool companies in the gulf are better equipped to figure this out.

It's really easy for Obama to sit in Washington and threaten to kick asteroids while BP and other oil tool companies are actually busting their asteroids to fix it. I know if I were the engineer in charge of the BP operations I would tell Obama to kiss my asteroids and leave me alone until i get this thing under control. The last thing I need is some inexperienced, pompous college professor telling me the obvious. Grille me once this thing is under control, but until then, get out of the way.

[quote="Toplink_pin, post:9, topic:201186"]
pnewton:
I was afraid to hit "reply" because I didn't want to get bitten by that cat! :)

Agreed also that deep water drilling needs to be addressed a little differently. Which no doubt will be the course of action this point forward.

But for what it's worth, I'm still impressed at how much hardware and crews were mobilized in roughly a 6 week time. Intimidating amount of logistics, even in an emergency. Government agencies would have never deployed this quick.

[/quote]

Exactly, which is why plans and equipment need to already be in place. The mobilaztion does take time. We can mobilize for a major Cat 5 hurricane in 3 days in an effort involves a magnitude higher amount of equipment and manpower than this spill. We only can do this because we are stay in a state of preparedness.

Remember I said that BP or no one company has to bear the brunt alone. Resources can easily be pooled. Furthermore, if sufficient planning has been made for rapid deployment, one cache can be available for a much larger region.

spike lee gave obama some advice the other day to get angry! - get mad! i think this is obama's way to appease spike lee and not lose favor with him.

obama is very pathetic. he is so easy to read. it just doesn't ring true!

personally, i don't want the president of the u.s. to talk like a thug.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:11, topic:201186"]
spike lee gave obama some advice the other day to get angry! - get mad! i think this is obama's way to appease spike lee and not lose favor with him.

obama is very pathetic. he is so easy to read. it just doesn't ring true!

personally, i don't want the president of the u.s. to talk like a thug.

[/quote]

**Don't let it be forgot

That once there was a spot,

For one brief, shining moment

That was known as Camelot.**

So, when Jimmy Carter says that in the primary election he's going to 'whip Ted Kennedy's ***' , he's being firm and decisive. Yet, when in reaction to a natural disaster and human tragedy, the president uses the term, he's showing himself a 'street thug'?:shrug:

Yes, I see the difference. I use language like that and I'm not a street thug.

i think obama needs to take sarah palin's advice and call her. she would have handled this differently if she were president.

[quote="Beau_Ouiville, post:13, topic:201186"]
So, when Jimmy Carter says that in the primary election he's going to 'whip Ted Kennedy's ***' , he's being firm and decisive. Yet, when in reaction to a natural disaster and human tragedy, the president uses the term, he's showing himself a 'street thug'?:shrug:

Yes, I see the difference. I use language like that and I'm not a street thug.

[/quote]

For the record, I didnt like carter at all. but it is not befitting a president in either case. Carter was over 30 years ago.

[quote="Aquinas62, post:15, topic:201186"]
For the record, I didnt like carter at all. but it is not befitting a president in either case. Carter was over 30 years ago.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Well, Chicago certainly kicked some *** tonight. :)

Parade time.

Ah, meaningless populist appeals.

[quote="Aquinas62, post:15, topic:201186"]

[/quote]

Is there some type of statute of limitations? What was Reagan talking about when he said he was fed up to his 'keister'?

My favorites:

"Kiss my ***!" -- George McGovern to a heckler in 1968.

"*** you! Go back to Connecticut!" -- Richard M. and Richard J. Daley in 1968.

"Go the ****!" -- Harold Washington, 1983

"There's that major league ***hole"-- George Bush 2000.

But the winner is Nelson Rockefeller flipping the bird to hecklers in 1976. I will spare you the photo.

keep in mind Beau, that these were politicians speaking directly to their political rivals. Not to excuse it, but that is the case, In Pres Obama's case he is speaking for the government kicking a private citizens a** , in other words, he is not speaking to a rival, but to private citizens or companies... big difference in my book. Personally, I don't find it that offensive, people are human and emotional. I also do not blame Obama for the spill, because, like Katrina, I don't hold him responsible for every accident.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.