Obama supported infanticide

I knew he argued boldly FOR partial birth abortion. Andrew C McCarthy is now reminding us how Obama boldly argued against the Infant Born Alive Act. Sometimes a baby survives abortion and is put in a bucket and left in the utility room to die. I remember the particular incident some years ago where the hospital had to hire guards to keep hospital staff out of the room attempting to give relief to the tiny child.
From the Andrew C McCarthy article @ National Review Online 2/19/12:
Obama’s abortion extremism is such that, as a state legislator, he opposed protection for — I’ll use his words here — “that fetus, or child — however way you want to say describe it” when, contrary to the wishes of the women involved and their abortionists, there was “movement or some indication that, in fact, they’re not just coming out limp and dead.” Babies were inconveniently being born alive, self-styled health-care providers carted them off to utility rooms where they would be left to die. That is infanticide, plain and simple. In Illinois, people tried to stop this barbarism by supporting “born alive” legislation. Barack Obama fought them all the way.nationalreview.com/corner/290707/when-obama-voted-infanticide-andrew-c-mccarthy

Yep, this was discussed at length last time and obviously enough people either didn't know or didn't care. :mad:

That is the entire reason why I did not vote for him in 2008. When you know that someone says, essentially, that a newborn baby should be left to die if the intention was that they be aborted, then that's really all you need to know about a person, isn't it?

Should have rec'd jail time. Is it really true people do this, and carry on as if nothing happened?

Yes, it is the logical extension of his views in abortion. Very sad indeed. :sad_yes:

[quote="LoyalChristian, post:4, topic:273222"]
Should have rec'd jail time. Is it really true people do this, and carry on as if nothing happened?

[/quote]

Well, they did carry on before laws were passed to protect infants born alive during an attempted abortion. You can read the transcript/see the video of what Jill Stanek witnessed as a nurse:

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407882,00.html

The Born-Alive Infants Protection Act was signed into law by Pres. Bush in 2002. That's a national law that protects infants. So, now it is illegal. When Obama was a Senator in Illinois, he rejected a similar law proposed in Illinois:

jillstanek.com/archives/2008/02/links_to_barack.html

And if Obama wins another term you will likely end up with a very subsversive supreme court.

Think about THAT...!

:confused:

There is a video on this on Catholic-Voter (Obama & Live Birth Abortion):

Catholic-Voter.com/Pages/Videos.htm

Geez, if they’re doing that to babies, what would they do us in a hospital? I just finished reading these other threads(Euthanasis on wheels, people going to jail for preaching), and it feels like I entered the Twilight Zone. Only I don’t think Twilight Zone could come up with somthing like this.

[quote="Mrs_Sally, post:2, topic:273222"]
Yep, this was discussed at length last time and obviously enough people either didn't know or didn't care. :mad:

[/quote]

Amen!! I wish I can say my piece yet being in the reserves (air force), I can't. I keep praying for our nation, for our leaders to see the truth and to do the right things according to God's purpose. :thumbsup:

[quote="MJE, post:1, topic:273222"]
I knew he argued boldly FOR partial birth abortion. Andrew C McCarthy is now reminding us how Obama boldly argued against the Infant Born Alive Act. Sometimes a baby survives abortion and is put in a bucket and left in the utility room to die. I remember the particular incident some years ago where the hospital had to hire guards to keep hospital staff out of the room attempting to give relief to the tiny child.
From the Andrew C McCarthy article @ National Review Online 2/19/12:
Obama’s abortion extremism is such that, as a state legislator, he opposed protection for — I’ll use his words here — “that fetus, or child — however way you want to say describe it” when, contrary to the wishes of the women involved and their abortionists, there was “movement or some indication that, in fact, they’re not just coming out limp and dead.” Babies were inconveniently being born alive, self-styled health-care providers carted them off to utility rooms where they would be left to die. That is infanticide, plain and simple. In Illinois, people tried to stop this barbarism by supporting “born alive” legislation. Barack Obama fought them all the way.nationalreview.com/corner/290707/when-obama-voted-infanticide-andrew-c-mccarthy

[/quote]

Gonna hate myself for it, but I have to ask.

How is this possible?

Generally the earlier pregnancies that can have the baby extracted in one piece (a suction curettage) would be too early to even really see anything beyond rudimentary twitching; nor would they survive out of utero for much more than a minute or two.

The larger babies are removed piecemeal and wouldn't survive at all.

How would this work that living babies are stuffed in closets to die?

I heard that his argument was that Illinois already had a similar law illegalizing this practice.

Not saying he's right, but is that true?

[quote="Maso, post:7, topic:273222"]
And if Obama wins another term you will likely end up with a very subsversive supreme court.

Think about THAT...!

:confused:

[/quote]

They predict whomever is the next President will, likely, get THREE appointments to the USSC.

[quote="Geist, post:11, topic:273222"]
Gonna hate myself for it, but I have to ask.

How is this possible?

Generally the earlier pregnancies that can have the baby extracted in one piece (a suction curettage) would be too early to even really see anything beyond rudimentary twitching; nor would they survive out of utero for much more than a minute or two.

The larger babies are removed piecemeal and wouldn't survive at all.

How would this work that living babies are stuffed in closets to die?

[/quote]

Saline injection abortion

"Used after 16 weeks (four months) when enough fluid has accumulated. A long needle injects a strong salt solution through the mother's abdomen into the baby's sac. The baby swallows this fluid and is poisoned by it. It also acts as a corrosive, burning off the outer layer of skin. It normally takes somewhat over an hour for the baby to die from this. Within 24 hours, labor will usually set in and the mother will give birth to a dead or dying baby. (There have been many cases of these babies being born alive. They are usually left unattended to die. However, a few have survived and later been adopted.)"
from lifesite.net

This is how Gianna Jessen, the pro-life activist, was unsuccessfully aborted.

Also prostaglandin chemical abortion
"This form of abortion uses chemicals developed by the Upjohn Pharmaceutical Co. which cause the uterus to contract intensely, pushing out the developing baby. The contractions are more violent than normal, natural contractions, so the unborn baby is frequently killed by them -- some have even been decapitated. Many, however, have also been born alive."

Hysterotomy or C-section
"Hysterotomy or Caesarean Section
Used mainly in the last three months of pregnancy, the womb is entered by surgery through the wall of the abdomen. The technique is similar to a Caesarean delivery, except that the umbilical cord is usually cut while the baby is still in the womb, thus cutting off his oxygen supply and causing him to suffocate. Sometimes the baby is removed alive and simply left in a corner to die of neglect or exposure."

[quote="anp1215, post:14, topic:273222"]

"Used after 16 weeks (four months) when enough fluid has accumulated. A long needle injects a strong salt solution through the mother's abdomen into the baby's sac. The baby swallows this fluid and is poisoned by it. It also acts as a corrosive, burning off the outer layer of skin. It normally takes somewhat over an hour for the baby to die from this. Within 24 hours, labor will usually set in and the mother will give birth to a dead or dying baby. (There have been many cases of these babies being born alive. They are usually left unattended to die. However, a few have survived and later been adopted.)"
from lifesite.net

"This form of abortion uses chemicals developed by the Upjohn Pharmaceutical Co. which cause the uterus to contract intensely, pushing out the developing baby. The contractions are more violent than normal, natural contractions, so the unborn baby is frequently killed by them -- some have even been decapitated. Many, however, have also been born alive."

Hysterotomy or C-section
Used mainly in the last three months of pregnancy, the womb is entered by surgery through the wall of the abdomen. The technique is similar to a Caesarean delivery, except that the umbilical cord is usually cut while the baby is still in the womb, thus cutting off his oxygen supply and causing him to suffocate. Sometimes the baby is removed alive and simply left in a corner to die of neglect or exposure."

[/quote]

NOW THAT'S NASTY. TOO NASTY. I have no respect for these so called doctors/nurses whatever the hell they're called. I don't want them touching any of my family.

[quote="LoyalChristian, post:15, topic:273222"]
NOW THAT'S NASTY. TOO NASTY. I have no respect for these so called doctors/nurses whatever the hell they're called. I don't want them touching any of my family.

[/quote]

It is a tragedy. Kyrie eleison.

[quote="anp1215, post:14, topic:273222"]

from lifesite.net

Hysterotomy or C-section

[/quote]

I've honestly never heard of the first one, is that still done nowadays?

As for prostaglandin, that, like a suction curettage is for rather early pregnancies, so once again I'm not sure how you can even determine if the baby is alive ex-utero being so undeveloped.

As for the c-section....that I never heard of (as a form of abortion-to sever the cord without delivering the baby) being done, but its plausible and disgusting.

Having a hard time jibing it with the hippocratic oath.

Obama caught on tape arguing against giving medical attention to aborted babies:

jillstanek.com/infanticide/baipaobamamp3.html

If it were not possible, Pres. Bush would not have passed a law to protect infants born alive.

Here are some eye-witness accounts of infants born alive during an abortion:

mcclpac.org/about_obama_baipa.htm

And if Obama wins another term you will likely end up with a very subversive supreme court. Think about THAT…!

That should scare the beans out of you

[quote="Geist, post:17, topic:273222"]
I've honestly never heard of the first one, is that still done nowadays?

As for prostaglandin, that, like a suction curettage is for rather early pregnancies, so once again I'm not sure how you can even determine if the baby is alive ex-utero being so undeveloped.

As for the c-section....that I never heard of (as a form of abortion-to sever the cord without delivering the baby) being done, but its plausible and disgusting.

Having a hard time jibing it with the hippocratic oath.

[/quote]

Only .1% of abortions were done with saline injection in 2007. So yes, it's still used, but has been on the decline since the 1970s.

Prostaglandin is used from the 15th to the 26th week.

Hysterotomy can be used from the 12th week to the 24th week. It is rarely used , such as when the woman has placenta accreta.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.