Obama to Name Pro-Abortion Kathleen Sebelius as Health Secretary

Obama to Name Pro-Abortion Kathleen Sebelius as Health Secretary
Washington, DC – While House officials say President Barack Obama will name pro-abortion Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, who has been criticized for refusing to limit late-term abortions, as the Secretary of the Health and Human Services Department.

Once official, her selection would add to Obama’s growing pro-abortion record as president.

Full story at: LifeNews.com/nat4845.html

Heh, maybe this is a good thing. Just like the criticism of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI exposed the defiant wing of the Catholics in Germany, maybe this is a four years of cleansing and purification of the pro-abortion Catholics from those loyal and faithful to Rome…

May Christ, Mary, and Joseph change the views of Kathleen Sebelius! May they keep her, bless her, protect her, help submit her will to the perfect and true will of Christ!!

May Christ, Mary, and Joseph teach me how to love those who defiantly disregard the Roman Catholic Church! May we as a Catholic community remember to “pray for those who persecute us or do evil!” May we as a Catholic community learn how to love them appropriately!!

The pro-abortion, excommunicated Sebelius follows the pro-abortion, excommunicated Daschle as the person to preside over funding abortion in the U.S. Obama cannot possibly be politically tone deaf. He is showing faithful Catholics in the U.S. exactly what he thinks of the Church and us. He is also using his office to promote dissidence in the Catholic Church.

His contempt for the Church must truly be profound.

She will be right at home in the cabinet, joining numerous other pro-abortion appointees. I’m guessing that this may be the most pro-abortion cabinet in the nation’s history.

Possibly of any nation, China perhaps excepted.

He was quite clear on where he stood, and a large number of Catholics voted for him anyways.

I don’t think he is tone deaf at all. Abortion as a poltical issue is now dead. Any of the small gains that have happened in the last eight years will be wiped out soon enough.
We have to face the truth. Enough Catholics and a preponderance of other voters either don’t care, or actually care strongly that abortion is an absolute right.

As the population ages, as the culture of death takes his grip on the western nations, the abortion rate will go down. Crones just aren’t able to produce babies either for the cradle, or the abortion mill.

Perhaps other generations will look upon us as monsters for wiping out a third of the our humanity with this type of death, but for now, it is no longer an issue. The feminists of the Me generation have won.

Perhaps? Any civilization that practices systematic genocide against its own young cannot long survive. But whoever does survive will look back with horror and wonder how we permitted such atrocity.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.