Obama to pay visit to Pope

(CNN) – President Barack Obama plans to soon meet with Pope Francis for the first time.
Secretary of State John Kerry said the President was “looking forward” to visiting the popular new leader of the Roman Catholic Church at the Vatican.
Kerry did not say when the trip would take place.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/14/obama-to-pay-visit-to-pope/

from article:

“Across the developed world, inequality has increased,” Obama said. “Some of you may have seen just last week, the Pope himself spoke about this at eloquent length. ‘How can it be,’ he wrote, ‘that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?’”

The Pope may have a point here. Why is the Fed (Bernanke, Yellen, et al) printing trillions of dollars, of which someone (taxpayer) has to pay over $200 billion worth of interest, just to keep the markets, including Argentina’s, from sinking, while the printed money goes nowhere but in the pockets of the high-rollers.

Papa Francis better put on his boxing gloves of Christian love cause he’s going to need them!

Obama to Pope Francis: “When are you going to put a picture of me in your churches?”:smiley:

I read that was a precondition of the visit.

So sorry to read of this. We can count on the resulting pictures to show up in 2014 and 2016 Democrat campaign materials.

That’d be an interesting visit. I hope it happens!

:thumbsup: :wink:

Look what what was said by Federico Lombardi regarding what President Obama said to him and the CBS report of what President Obama told Pope Benedict

President Obama told Pope Benedict XVI at a Vatican meeting that he would work to limit how many abortions take place each year in the United States, according to a Vatican spokesman.

“The pontiff told me that President Obama affirmed his personal commitment to try to reduce the number of abortions in the United States,” spokesman Federico Lombardi said, according to Agence France-Presse.

cbsnews.com/news/obama-tells-pope-he-wants-fewer-abortions

What has Obama done to limit abortions since that meeting in 2009?

The article above then quotes Obama’s speech from Notre Dame

“Let’s make adoption more available,” he said. “Let’s provide care and support for women who do carry their children to term. Let’s honor the conscience of those who disagree with abortion, and draft a sensible conscience clause, and make sure that all of our health care policies are grounded not only in sound science, but also in clear ethics, as well as respect for the equality of women.”

There are over 80 lawsuits showing he has not honored conscience.

“O” must be extremely curious as to how the Holy Father keeps his poll numbers up so high.

Obama is a liar and a fraud. Any Catholic who voted for him is right there with him.

Wow, thanks so much for that insightful comment. :rolleyes:

We’ll throw that into the pile of unfulfilled promises… :mad: :banghead:

It looks like the contraceptive mandate was referenced in talks between John Kerry and Fr Lombardi:

Father Lombardi said the two men “also discussed the United States, especially the themes that have been the object of concern and discussion by the U.S. bishops: the health care reform and its relationship to guarantees of religious freedom.”

That was evidently a reference to the contraceptive mandate: the Obama administration’s requirement that nearly all health insurance plans, including those offered by most Catholic universities and agencies, cover sterilizations, contraceptives and some abortion-inducing drugs – all of which are forbidden by the church’s moral teaching.

catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1400161.htm

Obama and michelle met with Benedict during his first term and Obama probably is hoping he might have some “influence” on Pope Francis. I hope that Pope Francis will be briefed before his meeting with Obama and not be taken in by the Obama mystique.

:):slight_smile:

Vladimir already met with the Pope. Obama cannot be outdone by the Russian leader. :smiley:

The Pope needs to be “briefed” before meeting Obama, to be protected from his “mystique” ? :confused: Why? The Pope knows more about who’s who and what’s what in the world than most of the people I know ***put together ***…Visiting world leaders, Obama included, are the ones who need to be prepared for him dishing out some frank Francis-speak!

Yes, Pope Francis is adept at getting out the message! I hope he counsels Pres Obama to quit promoting abortions, Planned Parenthood and forcing Religious to purchase birth control pills…ugh.

Much work to be done.

Lisa

I read that Pope Benedict XVI retired because obama threatened his life because he would not change his position on gay marriage. I really hope that Pope Francis sticks to his guns.

That story is utterly ridiculous.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.