Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

And the latest crisis from President Mom-Jeans:

foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/24/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/

Some hat manufacturer somewhere is eagerly anticipating the change, so they can get a nice influx of taxpayers’ dollars…

Better than the berets the army was stuck with after Monica modelled them for Bill Clinton.

This makes complete sense given that the President doesn’t have anything else to worry about right now. (Rolls eyes).

I see nothing wrong with these covers.

I see something wrong with replacing perfectly good covers with new ones just on a whim, but there’s nothing wrong with this design and if it’s time to order new ones anyway then go on.

Uniforms should be uniform anyway. No reason for different uniforms between the sexes. Different cuts and fitting, sure, but actual different parts? Tad silly.

Women have more feminine looking covers in the Navy. Why not allow female Marines to have different covers than men? Problem solved.

“We don’t even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women’s hats!” one senior Marine source fumed to The Post. “The Marines deserve better. It makes them look ridiculous.”

Considering 50% of WORLD military spending is the US, I find both the claim that DoD can’t afford ammunition and the protest of the $8 Million cost of the replacements to both be spurious at best. The real problem is that top brass doesn’t like the new hats. If they had come out with an even-more masculinity-stroking hat design, it would be no problem.

I see no reason why female marines couldn’t have their own covers like every other military in the world, but it’s easier just to do one uniform cover for both sexes.

Other than as an exercise in Obama’s fixation with “gender-bending” in the military, I can think of no good reason to make marines look like as much like French policemen as possible.

“French Policeman” was exactly what I thought as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

If the current covers don’t look feminine enough ( and I agree that women do actually look silly in the current covers), get women new ones. The covers that the Navy uses would be a great start.

because every military super power wants their hats to look like the French World War I hats.

I had to read the caption to know which hats are the “girly” ones :smiley:

Seriously?! :confused:

Who cares? The military updates uniforms and uniform parts all the time, it’s pretty standard. Just another faux outrage.

Every year military members are given a clothing stipend. Then they go buy uniforms/boots/hats/whatever they need at the base clothing store. Old uniform pieces are still allowed for quite awhile, they just aren’t sold anymore. I lived on an Air Force base as they were switching their BDUs to the digital print ABUs and it really wasn’t much of an issue for anyone. I can’t imagine that hats will be the end of the world.

as a very emasculated example of humanity ,i wouldn’t expect him to have any idea or further more care whats appropriate for a Marine cover :shrug:

With all that money the US only has two active duty brigades that are actually ready fo combat.

Bring home the boys in Germany and Japan, that might help.

Who is an “emasculated example of humanity”? Kindly elaborate.

Perhaps we should switch to the Pickelhaube? Traditional if a bit Teutonic.

The Tricorne might be acceptable as traditional and metro-sexual?

The Kepi is also traditional if Gallic.

But, Bearskin hats are where we should migrate. :smiley:

Y’a know, it seems to me that some people have way too much time on their hands and no more sense than a junior high kid. This is a non-issue no matter how you look at it.

Maybe so, but it’s President Mom-jeans that started it and you commented;).

You have got to be kidding me. The “new” ones look to be way too small for that guys head, but that could just be me here. Not only that, but wanting to make it “universal” is totally and completely not what it should be about! The Marines are so much more than just universal, and I can’t really explain it. I grew up around Marines. :stuck_out_tongue:

And let’s not forget that there are more important things we should be taking care of first, Mr. (Not My) President…:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.