Obama Was For It Before He Was Against It

*Doin' the NASA two-step *

Last February, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden promised to "find ways to reach out to dominantly Moslem countries." Those marching orders came from his boss, Barack Hussein Obama.

Last month, the same Bolden appeared on the *Al Jazeera *network and made his now famous quip that his boss (still Barack Hussein Obama) has placed one of his top priorities for NASA is to reach out to Moslems.

Now, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is distancing Bolden from the orders of Barack Hussein Obama.

Click here for the remainder of the article.

[quote="Caveman, post:1, topic:205197"]
*Doin' the NASA two-step *

Last February, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden promised to "find ways to reach out to dominantly Moslem countries." Those marching orders came from his boss, Barack Hussein Obama.

Last month, the same Bolden appeared on the *Al Jazeera *network and made his now famous quip that his boss (still Barack Hussein Obama) has placed one of his top priorities for NASA is to reach out to Moslems.

Now, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is distancing Bolden from the orders of Barack Hussein Obama.

Click here for the remainder of the article.

[/quote]

Have you ever made a decision in life and later changed your mind, for whatever the reason? Most people have and as such may reverse their position on an issue or decision.

The only people who never make mistakes are those who make no decisions.

[quote="gamewell45, post:2, topic:205197"]
Have you ever made a decision in life and later changed your mind, for whatever the reason? Most people have and as such may reverse their position on an issue or decision.

The only people who never make mistakes are those who make no decisions.

[/quote]

Of course I have, Gamewell.

I also recognize smoke & mirrors, deflections, and pure political dodging when I see it. Obama made a monumental blunder. He deserves to be called out on it.

[quote="Caveman, post:3, topic:205197"]
Of course I have, Gamewell.

I also recognize smoke & mirrors, deflections, and pure political dodging when I see it. Obama made a monumental blunder. He deserves to be called out on it.

[/quote]

Caveman,

Its not smoke, mirrors, deflections or pure political dodging; rather again being honest about humans which upon relection, decide to modify their position. Almost everyone, whether they are a politician or not has modfied decisions at one point or another in their lives. Its human nature.

The fact of the matter is that you had no real answer to offer and resorted to a simple politically minded answer which is fine, I just wanted you to know that it didn't get past me. :).

It is one thing to change your mind. It is quite another to leave Bolden holding the bag, and pretend it was his blunder and not your own.

That seems to be what is happening here, unless I am missing something in the linked article.

[quote="gamewell45, post:4, topic:205197"]
Caveman,

Its not smoke, mirrors, deflections or pure political dodging; rather again being honest about humans which upon relection, decide to modify their position. Almost everyone, whether they are a politician or not has modfied decisions at one point or another in their lives. Its human nature.

The fact of the matter is that you had no real answer to offer and resorted to a simple politically minded answer which is fine, I just wanted you to know that it didn't get past me. :).

[/quote]

Call it what you will. That is your right.

And I'd like you to know that what you call "modifying" a position, when it really was a total 180 (and left Bolden looking like a stooge), didn't get past me.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly so many rush to defend the wrongdoings of Barack Hussein Obama, even when the obvious is in front of them.

Thats because not everyone is willing to march lockstep with the line of thinking that you agree with; however as you mentioned at the top of the post, that is your right.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:5, topic:205197"]
It is one thing to change your mind. It is quite another to leave Bolden holding the bag, and pretend it was his blunder and not your own.

That seems to be what is happening here, unless I am missing something in the linked article.

[/quote]

In reading the article, there really isn't enough facts to make a solid conclusion. That being the case, I'd tend to give the President the benefit of the doubt.

[quote="gamewell45, post:8, topic:205197"]
In reading the article, there really isn't enough facts to make a solid conclusion. That being the case, I'd tend to give the President the benefit of the doubt.

[/quote]

Of course you will. Don't let obvious facts cloud your perception.

I find that ironic coming from a Union backer.

[quote="gamewell45, post:8, topic:205197"]

[/quote]

Why? President Obama has amply demonstrated that the truth is a nebulous concept at best in his hands.

There are two possibilities here:

1. President Obama is playing fast and loose with facts yet again.
  2. President Obama's people can't be trusted yet again.

Either way, the Obama Administration looks bad. Yet again.

-- Mark L. Chance.

[quote="Caveman, post:10, topic:205197"]
I find that ironic coming from a Union backer.

[/quote]

Cave,

I think its best that you and I agree to disagree on this topic. We're both miles apart on this and its unlikely that we'll be able to come to an agree at this time.

[quote="mlchance, post:11, topic:205197"]
Why? President Obama has amply demonstrated that the truth is a nebulous concept at best in his hands.

There are two possibilities here:

1. President Obama is playing fast and loose with facts yet again.
  2. President Obama's people can't be trusted yet again.

Either way, the Obama Administration looks bad. Yet again.

-- Mark L. Chance.

[/quote]

Nebulous???? you got to be kidding me!! Everything they said has been clear; its just that more facts are needed before any judgement can be made.

Using your rationale, no Presidential administration can be trusted. Every single administration, at least since Roosevelt has made decisions and then either modified their position or changed it completely. This includes both Republican and Democrat.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.