Obamacare signs up its first dog, so there's that, at least

Hey, at least dogs aren’t having a problem getting on Obamacare.

Shane Smith of Fort Collins, Colo., recently found a little surprise when he signed up for coverage under the Affordable Care Act. After proceeding through all the registration hurdles with Connect for Health Colorado, he learned that his dog Baxter had gotten insured, not Smith himself.

Smith said he guessed the mistake happened when he gave Baxter’s name as one of the security questions. “It was pretty funny," Smith said. "Typical Obamacare, that they would insure your dog by mistake.”

news.yahoo.com/obamacare-signs-up-its-first-dog–so-there-s-that–at-least-161850233.html

Good gravy! This is never going to get better, but probably never going to be over either. :eek:

The gov’t…true to form…:eek:

Poor dog, he liked his vet but he didn't get to keep him. He has to go to a people doctor now. :D

:rotfl:

Love it! Great response. Obamacare has REALLY gone to the dogs!;)So,maybe we humans could find a vet to meet our health needs.:shrug:

[quote="Jeanne_S, post:6, topic:345856"]
Love it! Great response. Obamacare has REALLY gone to the dogs!;)So,maybe we humans could find a vet to meet our health needs.:shrug:

[/quote]

Just so you know, a vet in our area was treating his patients (dogs, cats, horses, etc)with
natural methods and the animals' owners were so pleased with the results, they asked the
doctor why he couldn't treat them. The vet then got the additional training and is now a
naturpathic doc who treats humans!

[quote="Jeanne_S, post:6, topic:345856"]

[/quote]

I've honestly thought about it sometimes.

:thumbsup::slight_smile: I have a naturopathic dr. While I recognize the need for western medicine,I really appreciate the naturopathic modality. My experience is that this method of treatment is concerned with getting to the root of health issues and dealing with them accordingly,through dietary changes etc.Western medicine tends to focus on more or less band aid treatment.,especially vis the use of pharmaceauticals
This is not intended to be a criticism of western medicine in that I don’t believe they can or are effective,just prefer the naturopathic approach.:slight_smile:

[quote="Jeanne_S, post:9, topic:345856"]
:thumbsup::) I have a naturopathic dr. While I recognize the need for western medicine,I really appreciate the naturopathic modality. My experience is that this method of treatment is concerned with getting to the root of health issues and dealing with them accordingly,through dietary changes etc.Western medicine tends to focus on more or less band aid treatment.,especially vis the use of pharmaceauticals
This is not intended to be a criticism of western medicine in that I don't believe they can or are effective,just prefer the naturopathic approach.:)

[/quote]

Yep, I agree with you. I saw the misspelling but was too lazy to go back. Thanks for the
correct spelling!

[quote="Corki, post:4, topic:345856"]
Poor dog, he liked his vet but he didn't get to keep him. He has to go to a people doctor now. :D

[/quote]

Guess that means no treats after his appointment. :rotfl:

Don’t laugh. Half of my friends on facebook bark and the other half meows.

Typical govt competence.

Tongue firmly planted in your cheek…I assume;)

This could explain the case where Medicare approved 3 artificial legs for a patient in Florida. The fraudulent medical equipment company should have asked for four since some enrollees do have four legs.

Well, otherwise we'd be bigoted against dogs.

[quote="Jeanne_S, post:14, topic:345856"]
Tongue firmly planted in your cheek...I assume;)

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

What happened to the security question does not make the site sound very secure.

As a Canadian, I don’t have have a dog in this fight, so I won’t comment…

That’s good, since as a Canadian your dog can’t enroll in Obamacare like ours can. :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.