Obamas pick prestigious agency that represents Bill Clinton, Mia Farrow to handle post-White House speaking gigs

Obamas pick prestigious agency that represents Bill Clinton, Mia Farrow to handle post-White House speaking gigs abcn.ws/2l7ChQR

They are a very good agency. Good choice.

that didn’t take long did it? :coffeeread:

$$,$$$,$$$.00

Yep.It’s a pretty good gig.A lot of money to be made post presidency via speeches.How refreshing to have a POTUS who not only isn’t taking a salary while president,donating it back to the treasury but won’t need to do the speech circuit to get wealthy.:slight_smile:

:thumbsup:

I probably ought to note that I am not criticizing him for putting himself in the position to make some money. If I had access to a cash cow like the speaking opportunities available to an 8-year ex-president, I’d milk it for all it was worth. There’s a lot of good that I could do with that kind of cheddar.

:yup::yup::yup:

Yes, even the biggest failures as president can still make $$$$$$$$$$ in the speaking tour.

:thumbsup:

He was an amazing president. And he’s only 55–a very youthful and energetic one at that-- what do you propose he do…retire? Play golf for the rest of his life?

He will write and give talks. What’s wrong with that?
He has two daughters to put through college and he gives a lot of money to charities:

The Obamas gave $60,307 to charitable organizations, like the Illinois Reading Council and Trinity United Church of Christ, in 2006. Barack Obama and his wife donated $240,000 to charity in 2007. In addition to all that money, he has also donated all of his Nobel Peace Prize money, a whopping $1.4 million, to charity.

He certainly spent a lot of time playing golf while president,so…

Maybe he could donate some of those speaking fees to the national debt that he more than doubled in just 8 years. Now that was an “amazing” feat.:rolleyes:

Perhaps they can start their own religion. I found a catchy “hymn” for use in the “liturgy”:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKSRdpi15qc

:smiley:

You are right - it is catchy!!! :dancing::clapping:

I wonder how much Trump has donated?

Why was she using info from 2006 and 2007 and 2009? Wasn’t Trinity United the church the Obamas attended for 20 years? I remember Jeremiah Wright well.

Most people with money are charitable and I am sure Trump is too.

Ask her.

Most people with money are charitable and I am sure Trump is too.

No you re not sure, since Trump has broken with the recent past and refused to release his tax returns. You are just imagining things.

Perhaps. But unlike all the previous presidents for the past 40 years, Trump has decided not to make his tax returns public, so we don’t really know. But if the point of this thread is to show how money-grubbing Obama is compared to other presidents, it is fair game to consider evidence to the contrary.

:crying::crying::crying:

I would say the odds are in favor that he has! No imagination required.

:crying::crying::crying: more whining about the tax returns. there were many things not revealed by Obama too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.