Obama's ring: 'There is no god but Allah'

From WND: Obama's ring: 'There is no god but Allah'

A close friend of mine has always maintained that Obama was/is a Muslim. I believe Obama is a secular humanist who wears the 'Christian' label for political purposes. I previously told him to get a tin foil hat. Now I wonder .......

He has one excuse to use: it is from his father's side of the family.

This is rather confusing. He claims to be a Christian so I don't understand why he'd wear this ring. That said, I personally take him at his word that he holds Christian beliefs. After all, the ring does not include the final words of the shahada "and Muhammad is his prophet." That said, Muhammad is a false prophet, not a true prophet.

[quote="Holly3278, post:4, topic:301369"]
This is rather confusing. He claims to be a Christian so I don't understand why he'd wear this ring. That said, I personally take him at his word that he hold Christian beliefs. After all, the ring does not include the final words of the shahada "and Muhammad is his prophet." That said, Muhammad is a false prophet, not a true prophet.

[/quote]

If Obama wears a ring that proclaims "There is no God but Allah", isn't that sufficient evidence by itself to suggest he believes in the words cited in the inscription? I am Catholic and would never wear such jewelry because it absolutely contradicts my Catholic beliefs.

[quote="Tampa_Dave, post:5, topic:301369"]
If Obama wears a ring that proclaims "There is no God but Allah", isn't that sufficient evidence by itself to suggest he believes in the words cited in the inscription? I am Catholic and would never wear such jewelry because it absolutely contradicts my Catholic beliefs.

[/quote]

I suppose so but Arabic speaking Catholic Christians and other Christians also use the word Allah. They are not referring to the Muslim God either which is supposedly the same God as the Christian God which is why I capitalize it. The Arabic translation of Allah is "God".

[quote="Holly3278, post:6, topic:301369"]
I suppose so but Arabic speaking Catholic Christians and other Christians also use the word Allah. They are not referring to the Muslim God either which is supposedly the same God as the Christian God which is why I capitalize it. The Arabic translation of Allah is "God".

[/quote]

I didn't know that. My guess is he views Allah as a Muslim would. I stand by my assertion that Obama is either a secular humanist in Christian guise or maybe, just maybe, a follower of Islam.

[quote="Tampa_Dave, post:7, topic:301369"]
I didn't know that. My guess is he views Allah as a Muslim would. I stand by my assertion that Obama is either a secular humanist in Christian guise or maybe, just maybe, a follower of Islam.

[/quote]

Obama is an atheist. He is not Muslim, he believes in SSM and has a dog.

[quote="qui_est_ce, post:8, topic:301369"]
Obama is an atheist. He is not Muslim, he believes in SSM and has a dog.

[/quote]

Good points.

I liked reading though the poll choices below the article, I for one voted:

It once again shows how virtually everything Obama says about himself is completely phony

I don't care if Obama is a Muslim or not he is still the greatest empty suit and persona concocted in the history of American politics.

THIS ARTICLE has more information.

Don't forget that the Church recognizes that Muslims believe in the same one true God that we believe in, as well as the Jews, their understanding of Him is, however, considered corrupted by the false profit Muhammad. This does not detract that the Church believes that Muslims do, in fact, worship the same God as we do.

I do agree that Obama isn't a Christian, but we technically agree with what his ring says.

The fact that this "article" has the following link embedded should speak to it's value as "news"...

Translated literally, the ring says "There is no God but God"... I would have no problem wearing such a ring.

God bless

[quote="VeritasLuxMea, post:11, topic:301369"]
THIS ARTICLE has more information.

[/quote]

That article does a pretty good job debunking it.

That being said.... I have wondered, since about this time more than four years ago, why the Muslim world doesn't consider him an apostate?

His conversion, however, was a crime in Muslim eyes; it is “irtidad” or “ridda,” usually translated from the Arabic as “apostasy,” but with connotations of rebellion and treason. Indeed, it is the worst of all crimes that a Muslim can commit, worse than murder (which the victim’s family may choose to forgive).

With few exceptions, the jurists of all Sunni and Shiite schools prescribe execution for all adults who leave the faith not under duress; the recommended punishment is beheading at the hands of a cleric, although in recent years there have been both stonings and hangings.

nytimes.com/2008/05/12/opinion/12luttwak.html?_r=0

How reliable a source is WND? I have never heard of it, not that it invalidates it. That said, at minimum he was indoctrinated to Islam in Indonesia.. you have to be to go to school. I believe he holds Islam in high regard. However, I am more inclined to believe he is his own god. And Rev. Wright's church, from my exposure, doesn't quite qualify as Christian.. more a source for twisting the Bible to perpetuate racism:shrug:

Owning a dog doesn't mean anything. When Big Mo was busy raiding and separating Islam, he made owning a dog as a rare exception after the Bedu threw a fist about it.

Why wear a wedding ring on your left hand while you are still single?

Pretty odd, IMHO.

[quote="bzkoss236, post:12, topic:301369"]
Don't forget that the Church recognizes that Muslims believe in the same one true God that we believe in, as well as the Jews, their understanding of Him is, however, considered corrupted by the false profit Muhammad. This does not detract that the Church believes that Muslims do, in fact, worship the same God as we do.

I do agree that Obama isn't a Christian, but we technically agree with what his ring says.

[/quote]

If Catholics and Muslims share same God I might have to switch to Scientology

say hello to tom for us.

I am highly suspicious of anything that WND posts. It is notorious for being one of the most biased "news" sources around. They have been sued for libel and do little more than perpetuate conspiracy theories. Really, they make Fox and LifeNews look like Pulitzer prize winning journals.

But, for the sake of argument lets just say that it is true. Who cares? I'm an atheist and I frequently wear a gold cross necklace because it was a Christmas gift from my mom and grandma one year when I was a kid. I own two bibles, one was my grandmother's, the other is one she gave me. These are just a few of my most prized possessions because while they hold no religious meaning for me they do have a lot of sentimental value and I'm proud to have them.

But let's just say that Obama is a Muslim and has been hiding it since he was a child so that he would one day be able to be president (for the record, I think this is one of the most ridiculous theories ever) who cares? I firmly believe in judging people based on their actions and who they are, not on their race, religion, etc. Having complaints about Obama is one thing, but hating him because you fear he may be of a religion that you don't like is wrong.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.