Oblates of St. Benedict

Are there any Oblates of St. Benedict on this board?

[quote=Sirach14]Are there any Oblates of St. Benedict on this board?
[/quote]

I was thinking of becomming one a few years back, but never lived close enough to a Monastery that had an Oblate group. Right now, my Spiritual Director is a Franciscan and might inquire about the Third Order Franciscans.

PF

I’m not an oblate but obviously I have more than a passing interest in all things benedictine… :slight_smile:

Some links that may be of interest

osb.org/
Order of St Benedict

osb.org/obl/index.html
Order of St Benedict - Oblates Page

litpress.org/Subjects.aspx?ID=03
Benedictine Books

benedictines.org.uk/
English Benedictine Congregation

pluscardenabbey.org/
Pluscarden Abbey

Yes I am one. I make my final Oblature this Saturday at Sacred Heart Monastery in Cullman, AL. I started a thread at the water cooler encouraging Benedictine Oblates to come and chat there. This is especially important to me since my monastery does not have monthly meetings. Adn I would like to have some others to talk with on Benedictine and spiritual matters particular to our order. Do a search on Benedictine Oblates and you’ll find at least one other thread whre someone has aksed about oblates and people reponded.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.