Obligations to defend Faith?

If Christ or the Church is insulted, are we as Catholics bound to defend?

Thank you

"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
Matt 10:32,33

You’re not obligated to defend the faith like an apologist. Not everybody has that charism. And sometimes it’s just not worth your time, especially if the other person is clearly not interested in having a rational conversation.

We do have an obligation to witness to the gospel, but HOW we do that depends on the individual person. For some that means defending the faith with arguments. For others, it could be as simple as saying “Hey dude, I’m a Catholic. I don’t appreciate that.” You just have to discern what your gifts are and what God is calling you to.

Hi!
…got beat to the Scriptures passage–if we remain silent, how is our Faith demonstrated?

Though Catholic Teaching does not command us to take on arms and kill/threaten those who have different views, we can, through even the simplest of acts, Stand for Christ and His Church:

• Quickly remove ourselves from such person/environment
  • If the situation/person allows, address the issue
  • Do not support the act/person in any way, shape, form
  • Make it know that you are Catholic and offended by the act/remark
  • When possible engage the person/s becoming inclusive to the environment and/or inviting the person/s to Mass and/or parish activity

…follow everything with silent prayer and then commit the person/s and yourself to prayer.

Maran atha!

Angel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.