Oboma Now Supports Gay "Marriage"

Can ANY Christian or Catholic in Good conscience for him?

It’s all politically movitated. Still don’t care for him or vote for him!!

I couldn’t in good conscience.

My personal views on economic or foreign policy issues or even the best way to deal with societal ills aside…

I’m pretty sure his strident support for even the most extreme pro-abortion positions is way, way more important than his politically calculated flip-flop here.

If the trade-off in this country is that we get gay “marriage” but in return we have more protection of the unborn, I’ll gladly take it.

Yawnnn. Sun rises in the east and sets in the west. All expected. Never changes.

Did anyone expect Obama to do anything otherwise than he did? A skunk can’t change his stripes. :slight_smile:

[quote="Scoobyshme, post:4, topic:283807"]
Yawnnn. Sun rises in the east and sets in the west. All expected. Never changes.

Did anyone expect Obama to do anything otherwise than he did? A skunk can't change his stripes. :)

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I think he just makes himself look foolish, with all his evolving beliefs. One minute he's distancing himself from comments by his second in command and the next he jumps in feet first.

Personally, from a political standpoint, I don't even get it. It's not like he didn't already have the gay vote, but he's definitely polarized himself from others with "coming out".:confused:

I’m sure Obama would have preferred until after the election to “come out” on this issue. Biden’s statement in favor of “gay marriage” over the weekend clearly put Obama in a corner on this. Imagine – being forced to “man up” on something by Joe Biden, of all people !

[quote="PJM, post:1, topic:283807"]
Can ANY Christian or Catholic in Good conscience for him?

[/quote]

They might, if they agree with all of his other policies. Just saying :shrug:

Does this surprise anyone? Sigh.

[quote="The_Bucket, post:3, topic:283807"]
My personal views on economic or foreign policy issues or even the best way to deal with societal ills aside...

I'm pretty sure his strident support for even the most extreme pro-abortion positions is way, way more important than his politically calculated flip-flop here.

If the trade-off in this country is that we get gay "marriage" but in return we have more protection of the unborn, I'll gladly take it.

[/quote]

I have to respectfully disagree here. Gay marriage is an intrinsic evil in just the same way that abortion is. While I admit that abortion may be the more serious of the two intrinsic evils based on the gravity of the act of murder, both of these issues have to be given serious consideration by Catholics during an election.

Hypothetically, even if Obama decided to make an enormous change in policy and completely dropped his pro-abortion agenda (emphasis on "hypothetically") and, instead, decided to aggressively promote gay marriage, then a Catholic would still be obligated to not vote for him if there existed an option to vote for a party that was not supporting any intrinsic evils.

[quote="MidnightSun12, post:9, topic:283807"]
I have to respectfully disagree here. Gay marriage is an intrinsic evil in just the same way that abortion is. While I admit that abortion may be the more serious of the two intrinsic evils based on the gravity of the act of murder, both of these issues have to be given serious consideration by Catholics during an election.

Hypothetically, even if Obama decided to make an enormous change in policy and completely dropped his pro-abortion agenda (emphasis on "hypothetically") and, instead, decided to aggressively promote gay marriage, then a Catholic would still be obligated to not vote for him if there existed an option to vote for a party that was not supporting any intrinsic evils.

[/quote]

Well said, 2012 convert. Glad you're in the bark of Peter.

[quote="followingtheway, post:7, topic:283807"]
They might, if they agree with all of his other policies. Just saying :shrug:

[/quote]

How could a Catholic in good conscience vote for him when he supports abortion?

[quote="onmyknees, post:11, topic:283807"]
How could a Catholic in good conscience vote for him when he supports abortion?

[/quote]

Not just Catholics....but most Christians.

I hope that the African Americans who voted for him will stop and think about his pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage stance, and vote him out again.
I'd love to have a good black man as president, but not this one. I think he means to mean well, but his moral convictions are not strong enough to stand up to the pressures on him.
Who knows, maybe I wouldn't do any better in his shoes. He needs our prayers.

=The Bucket;9278313]My personal views on economic or foreign policy issues or even the best way to deal with societal ills aside...

I'm pretty sure his strident support for even the most extreme pro-abortion positions is way, way more important than his politically calculated flip-flop here.

If the trade-off in this country is that we get gay "marriage" but in return we have more protection of the unborn, I'll gladly take it.

WHATS THE CONNCECTION AND HOW DO YOU MENTALLY AND MORALLY GET THERE?"

God Bless,
pat/PJM

There is going to be a plank in the Democrat platform this time supporting gay marriage, so it was just a matter of time before he supported it.

So, he gains some voters, he loses some voters, and we slip further into secularism...

[quote="Mickey, post:8, topic:283807"]
Does this surprise anyone? Sigh.

[/quote]

It did not surprise me. Anything to get the votes. I just have to wonder how many votes he's gained vs. how many he'll lose?

=PaulinVA;9281254]There is going to be a plank in the Democrat platform this time supporting gay marriage, so it was just a matter of time before he supported it.

So, he gains some voters, he loses some voters, and we slip further into secularism...

OK:(

BUT CAN. MAY, SHOULD **any Christian or Catholic **support any candidate [especially the President] who so clealy APOSES what God Commands?:shrug:

That my friend IS the ISSUE at hand,

DOES A grave- MORAL RIGHT impose and SUPERCEDE PARTY AFFILIATON? :shrug:

God Bless,
pat/PJM

An uprising against Obama is what will surprise me.

=Crescentinus;9281327]An uprising against Obama is what will surprise me.

AGREED:thumbsup:

That is the POINT of this String.

Does Moral consideration OBLIGATE explicitly and unconditionally rejection of these positions and become the PREDOMINATE consideration of HOW ONE VOTES?:shrug:

God bless,
pat/PJM

[quote="Viki63, post:13, topic:283807"]
I hope that the African Americans who voted for him will stop and think about his pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage stance, and vote him out again.
I'd love to have a good black man as president, but not this one. I think he means to mean well, but his moral convictions are not strong enough to stand up to the pressures on him.
Who knows, maybe I wouldn't do any better in his shoes. He needs our prayers.

[/quote]

Sorry, but you're missing the point in a huge way here. It's not that he has the right moral convictions and is just too weak too live them out - it's that he has either no moral convictions or the wrong ones.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.