Observing baptism anniversary

I was wondering how the anniversary of a baptism is observed.

Any thoughts / traditions to share?

:slight_smile:

A visit to: Our Lady of the Crag, Knaresborough, UK

I’ve never come across anything the least bit “official” in this regard, but I think going to Mass that day, renewing one’s Baptismal promises, and having a cupcake are some good things to do. :slight_smile:

I was back in Europe in the parish where I was baptized and I celebrated the 50th anniversary of my baptism. The only people that knew of it are my wife, my son and the priest that celebrated the Mass. It was an extremely emotional moment as intense as when my son was born.

If you have your baptismal candle you can light it that day while saying prayers. :slight_smile: I like Joe 5859’s suggestions as well.

I give my children very small, inexpensive religious gifts on their baptism days. A holy card, picture book, etc.

By the time you reach my age you have burned the candleholder too. :smiley:

I don’t remember mine but I recently visited the church and took a photo of the font, and asked my mother about the ceremony and who was there.

Lighting a candle on the day, even if not the baptismal one, seems good to me :slight_smile:

Our Lady of the Crag

Here is a thought on Baptismal anniversary keeping, especially for those baptised as babies.

Re-membering baptism

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.