Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder in Canon Law

Someone who suffers from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and commits delict in Canon Law wherein the disease possibly interfered fits in Canon 1324?

A person with OCD needs to consult with their pastor and their mental health provider for guidance and help.

I suggest that those with OCD not attempt to read and interpret canon law for themselves nor even dwell on it at all. Random people on the internet cannot help those with OCD. Professional assistance is needed.

[quote="1ke, post:2, topic:328064"]

I suggest that those with OCD not attempt to read and interpret canon law for themselves nor even dwell on it at all. Random people on the internet cannot help those with OCD. Professional assistance is needed.

[/quote]

I suggest that those without OCD not attempt to read and interpret canon law for themselves .Professional assistance is needed. ;)

[quote="april32010, post:3, topic:328064"]
I suggest that those without OCD not attempt to read and interpret canon law for themselves .Professional assistance is needed. ;)

[/quote]

[size=]AMEN!! :thumbsup: The times I have read canon law (I have ocd and am scrupulous) have sent me into near despair. One time in particular I asked my pastor about my concern, and he said, "Everything is fine." DO NOT--I repeat--DO NOT read canon law under any circumstance! Unless you're a priest and studying to become a canon lawyer![/size]

:rotfl:

[quote="april32010, post:3, topic:328064"]

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.