Occult jewelry; destroy or bless?

Hey everyone,

Well today I finally got around to properly disposing of some spiritual crystals my GF had used a year or so ago in a sort of “spiritual surgery” and “healing” type of New Age thing she did (she did it for 5 years or so). She gave me all of her stuff (some crystal jewelry bracelets and an ominous black quartz/hematite looking crystal :mad: ) . The stuff just had a weird feeling attached to it and I knew she couldn’t have this stuff in her home if she was going to heal in God.

But… she wanted to keep this one expensive clear crystal jewelry necklace thing, from the same New Age guy (he blesses all his items with some supposed power; I think its demonic). I wrote a thread about her and the spiritual surgery a few weeks ago, and after meeting with a priest I think she’s making a come around from her superstitious new agey “nothing is truth” past. She’s really trying hard to come to Jesus, and I can see it in her other actions, in her reading and curious at everything I do Catholic.

Should this expensive necklace she has also be destroyed too ? Or can it be blessed by a priest and kept or what? Thanks for any advice.

Hi “J2” People have asked about this, before. And usually… get a flood of the same (or similar) answers.

Get rid of ALL objects… which have previous “association” with the occult. In my opinion, this would include even expensive jewelry. If it were mine, I wouldn’t even sell it… and risk having it fall into someone elses hands. I would find a large body of water… a lake, river or best of all… an OCEAN. And chuck it IN. That way… you put it in God’s Hands… for disposal.

Then ask Our Lord to not let it fall into the hands of another poor soul. My :twocents:

God bless.

Thank you, exactly what I thought when I saw it. I just kept feeling that it wasnt enough, just doing the things she gave me. EVERYTHING has to go. I will press her on it, and if not, then she won’t hear the end of this from me. She would let go of the other cheapo type of stuff, but THIS expensive nice one couldn’t go. I found it ironic.

Thanks for reassurance on what I was thinking.

Moses ground up the golden calf. I would go for total destruction, just like he did.

And besides, we are guys, destroying stuff can be fun;)

Will a table saw cut cleanly through the crystal, or will it cause it to shatter?
If the crystal is put under a piece of wood, and you drive a 3,000 pound car on top of it, will it get completely ground into dust or hold some structural integrity?
Fireworks are always fun, too… Chainsaws also make for endless possibilities, especially for determining the tensile strength of the bracelet.

My vote is to have some fun in the destruction process:D

lol. That was pretty funny.

But if the stuff actually is cursed or occult, doing something extravagant with it is a good way to get hurt in the process. I’ll stick with the fire/water/city dump solution.

Now if it was just some golf clubs I was getting rid of…

P.S. And YES it ABSOLUTELY has to GO. No keepsies.

I agree with the Shin - it has to go and not to a place where it can be “used” by someone else. The large lake, sea, large river sound to me the safest since fire won’t burn a crystal and it is likely to be found (even in 200 years) in a dump. I say, chuck it in a large body of water.

So is the consensus to destroy (aka hammer as much as I can, or atleast the main large ornate dangly part) or to throw into a big lake (or maybe drive far towards the ocean)?

I agree… get the stuff out of your house…I would part with all of it to be safe…

Note to self, don’t ever let AHapka borrow anything from me…:slight_smile:

Read AN Exoecest tells his Story by Fr. Gaberial Amorth.

Things of the occult can NEVER be blessed.
(As in, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.)

Wrap the thing up in your nastiest garbage and dump it in the trash can.
Your city’s garbage trucks will surely crush it into nothingness and carry it to the dump.

It’s excellent…

my vote is for a big lake or big, deep river.

Originally posted by Simon X
Note to self, don’t ever let AHapka borrow anything from me…

:rotfl:

Moses ground up the golden calf. I would go for total destruction, just like he did.

And besides, we are guys, destroying stuff can be fun

Will a table saw cut cleanly through the crystal, or will it cause it to shatter?
If the crystal is put under a piece of wood, and you drive a 3,000 pound car on top of it, will it get completely ground into dust or hold some structural integrity?
Fireworks are always fun, too… Chainsaws also make for endless possibilities, especially for determining the tensile strength of the bracelet.

My vote is to have some fun in the destruction proces

AHapka, you have opened my eyes to a whole new world of destruction. I normally tell people to burn or bury stuff. Table saws, blowtorches, and car-crushing is a whole new level of annihilation…

“…and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8

I so love this quote. haven’t seen it in ages. Thank you.

I am, and its a good book.

Ok, I’m going to press her to chuck it.

Tricky stuff! You want to get rid of it, ensure that it will never fall into the wrong hands, and not hurt yourself with sharp objects in the process? Try turning it into a block of solid concrete! :slight_smile:

It’s an easy, inexpensive and fun way to get rid of this sort of nastiness. Start with a mould made from plywood and 2x4 construction placed in an area where you won’t mind a bit of concrete splashing about (which is to say, not on the kitchen floor or a decorative part of your back patio). Take a bag of Quikrete (pre-mixed instant concrete, available at any home improvement retailer), dump it in a wheelbarrow, and mix with an appropriate amount of water. Be sure not to add too much water or you’ll end up with brittle concrete that won’t form well! If you want to make this block pretty much indestructable, place a couple pre-cut iron reinforcement bars parallel to oneanother near the afflicted object.

Let it sit for a day or two and you’ll have a newly formed concrete block. If you’d like you can bless it (remember you’re NOT attempting to bless the object inside) then haul it to the city dump and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

:thumbsup:

Now there’s an idea I wouldn’t have thought of, and really like the idea of the iron (or even boron steel) reinforcement bars.

Originally Posted by catherina
"…and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

I so love this quote. haven’t seen it in ages. Thank you.

:slight_smile: It was the quote that was used in a cursillo that I attended. I’ve felt strongly about it since - for me, it had a Marian feel.:shrug:
This summer I want to re-read the minor prophets, contemplatively.

use a belt sander on it and burn the remains.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.