OCCUPY VATICAN : in Vancouver's Cathedral

Today there is going to be a protest under the banner of “Occupy Vatican” in Vancouver’s Holy Rosary Cathedral.
You can google the information on newsfeeds…
To me the urgency is more for us to pray for our church in Vancouver, for our Church in the world, for those who wish to destroy it, and especially that Jesus, present in the Blessed Sacrament is not desecrated in any way, as one protester/blogger suggested would be a good idea - (to feed the hungry?)

Indeed, Christ in the Blessed Sacrament does feed the hungry, the poor in spirit, those who mourn, those who are thirsty for His Word…

My heart is broken at the idea of our Cathedral being protested, as that parish does very much to help the poor. It’s right in the middle of the poorest part of Vancouver.

Pray for Archbishop Michael and all the priests of the parish as well as the parishioners.

Hail Mary full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus

Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Hail Mary full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus

Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Hail Mary Full of Grace the Lord is with Thee
Blessed are you among women and Blessed is
the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now, and at the
hour of our death.

Amen

St. Michael the archangel, defend us in battle.

Praying for this catastrophe to stop!

I might dedicate a whole Rosary for them tonight!:signofcross:

Unbelievable…:dts:

Amen

I agree, that’s disgraceful. I will be praying too, in reparition for the many offenses it sounds like they have planned. What a shameful thing. :sad_yes:

Praying for your petition …

Praying to Our Lord, Our Blessed Mother, St. Joseph, and St. Michael the Archangel…

:crossrc:

I will pray today’s evening prayer for your Bishop, priests, and parishioners. May you all persevere! Amen.

Praise God,

I truly believe in the power of prayer and God’s will.

This planned event turned out to be a non event. The Occupy Vancouver people did not support this action by the Occupy Vatican. There were little or no people showing up at the 10am Mass. There was a strong police presence, as well as the Knights of Columbus. Even the responses to the Vancouver Province Article (for the most part) was supportive of the Catholic Church and not supportive of this particular action.

I believe in my heart it is truly the prayers of the faithful including each one of you, that helped turn this particular tide.

Bless you all,

Praised be Jesus Christ!

:bowdown:

Thank you Blessed Mother. Please take our prayers of thankgiving to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.