Oct. 2 - "See, I am sending an angel before you..."

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The title for today’s post is taken from the optional First Reading for Mass on this Memorial of the Guardian Angels:

Thus says the LORD:
"See, I am sending an angel before you,
to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared.
Be attentive to him and heed his voice.
Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin.
My authority resides in him.
If you heed his voice and carry out all I tell you,
I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. (Ex 23:20-23)

We have so much to thank God for in our lives. Our Guardian Angels are among those gifts. Scripture is another Special gift – it is Very important – God works in mysterious and varied ways to draw us closer to Himself. He speaks to us through His Word. It is the human person, weakened by the original sin who can wander away. We “forget” or worse “choose to ignore” God.

But, God so loved the world, He sent His only Begotten Son, through Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit to become the Incarnate Word – like us in all things except sin in order that we might “see” by Supernatural Faith that Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life for us. Jesus also told us “Behold your Mother” - Mary is as the Catechism tells us “Intrinsic” to Christian Worship - we cannot do without her if we are to follow Jesus!

Let us continue to ponder the Truth God shared with St. Louis de Montfort for the Church:

1. If devotion to the Blessed Virgin is necessary for all men simply to work out their salvation, it is even more necessary for those who are called to a special perfection. I do not believe that anyone can acquire intimate union with our Lord and perfect fidelity to the Holy Spirit without a very close union with the most Blessed Virgin and an absolute dependence on her support.

2. Mary alone found grace before God without the help of any other creature. All those who have since found grace before God have found it only through her. She was full of grace when she was greeted by the Archangel Gabriel and was filled with grace to overflowing by the Holy Spirit when he so mysteriously overshadowed her. From day to day, from moment to moment, she increased so much this twofold plenitude that she attained an immense and inconceivable degree of grace. So much so, that the Almighty made her the sole custodian of his treasures and the sole dispenser of his graces. She can now ennoble, exalt and enrich all she chooses. She can lead them along the narrow path to heaven and guide them through the narrow gate to life. She can give a royal throne, sceptre and crown to whom she wishes. Jesus is always and everywhere the fruit and Son of Mary and Mary is everywhere the genuine tree that bears that Fruit of life, the true Mother who bears that Son.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful; kindle in us the Fire of Your Love. Jesus, we trust in You! Mary, Mother of the Church pray for us. All you Holy Angels and Saints, pray for us.

2 Likes

Dear aroosi.

Thanks for your “heart” Sharing your love for Jesus through Mary on this "First Saturday of October"and on the Memorial of the Guardian Angels. How we need to be grateful for all the gifts God has given to us every day but perhaps especially on days the Church ests on the calendar to remind us. Today’s Memorial is one of those special days. So is the First Friday and First Saturday of each month.

On First Fidays of each month, I’m mindful of the words of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary, telling her to “Behold” His Heart which has loved us so much much but receives so little in return.

Tomorrow is the First Saturday and remembering Jesus’ words to John and to all of us: “Behold your mother” – I think of how little love Mary receives also! Let us remember to pray in Reparation for our sins and the sins of the world on the First Fridays and First Saturdays, every month of every year the Lord gives us on this earth.

Dear Sarcelle,

Thanks for your “heart” – it really is a joy to know there are persons so devoted to our Mother Mary that they like to read about her and to learn more about her – so they can grow to love her more each day.

Tomorrow is the First Saturday of October and I hope many of us will remember Mary’s request for Five First Saturdays in Reparation for sin. As I mentioned to aroosi, in my reply to him, both Jesus and Mary have loved us and suffered so much for us, yet they receive so little love in return.

May our Guardian Angels keep reminding us of how much we owe God who sent Jesus His Incarnate Son by the power of the Holy Spirit to take flesh in Mary’s womb, to become like us in all but sin, to live and die that we be freed from the slavery of sin.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful, kindle in us, the Fire of Your Love!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.