Odd Behavior....

cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/main/essayaninterestingday.html
When Did Bush Leave the Classroom?

Nearly every news account fails to mention when Bush left the classroom after being told America was under attack. Three mention 9:12 a.m. [New York Times, 9/16/01 (B), Telegraph, 12/16/01, Daily Mail, 9/8/02] Remaining in the classroom for approximately five to seven minutes is inexcusable, but the video of Bush in the classroom suggests he stayed longer than that. The video contains several edits and ends before Bush leaves the room, so it also doesn’t tell us exactly how long he stayed. One newspaper suggested he remained “for eight or nine minutes” - sometime between 9:13 and 9:16, since Card’s arrival is uncertain. [Tampa Tribune, 9/1/02]

When Bush finally did leave, he didn’t act like a man in a hurry. In fact, he was described as "openly stretching out the moment.

Okay, so you think President Bush is a big, bad, evil meanie. We have been through this Michael Moore stuff a thousand times…respectfully, do you have any new false charges to make?

I’m not intersted in getting into a discussion about what he did or didn’t do. However, one thing I notice on these forums is that just because Bush says he is a religious man it seems he can do no wrong. This is a bad way to think, just because a person proclaims they are religious does not mean that everything they do is holy or good.

TTTTTT zzzzz :sleep:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/mryoop789/tinfoil-hat.jpg
Wow. I get to use this pic twice in one night. The conspiracy folks are out in full force.

[quote=Stu]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/mryoop789/tinfoil-hat.jpg
Wow. I get to use this pic twice in one night. The conspiracy folks are out in full force.
[/quote]

Moon is full, heads are empty.
:o

[quote=Shinobu]However, one thing I notice on these forums is that just because Bush says he is a religious man it seems he can do no wrong.
[/quote]

I often hear this claim here and elsewhere. Interestingly enough, I’ve never yet heard anyone who supports President Bush make this claim. Rather, it always comes from someone who wants to attack the President, his policies, and/or his supporters.

IOW, it is intellectually dishonest, a form of straw man and ad hominem.

– Mark L. Chance.

Okay, Bush could have leaped to his feet and dashed out of the classroom, scaring the kids and then cooling his heels until everything was in place for his motorcade to leave. Then he would have been criticized for panicking. There are times when security considerations dictate when the President moves. How and why this keeps popping up as an issue I don’t know, except that hatred of Bush is so great, and partisanship runs so high, he must be demonized constantly and every action must be torn apart.
PS, I just wish I had a nickel for every Democrat who told me after 9/11 that they were glad Bush had beaten Gore. Similarly, people who had hated Guiliani (here in Manhattan) became aware of his attributes as a leader in those days.

[quote=mlchance]I often hear this claim here and elsewhere. Interestingly enough, I’ve never yet heard anyone who supports President Bush make this claim. Rather, it always comes from someone who wants to attack the President, his policies, and/or his supporters.

IOW, it is intellectually dishonest, a form of straw man and ad hominem.

– Mark L. Chance.
[/quote]

Well don’t you think what you are saying is a bit silly? I mean, why would someone who adamantly supports Bush say something against him? The thing is, I am neither for or against him. I’m merely stating what I see here.

[quote=Shinobu]Well don’t you think what you are saying is a bit silly? I mean, why would someone who adamantly supports Bush say something against him? The thing is, I am neither for or against him. I’m merely stating what I see here.
[/quote]

Please show us that there are supporters here of President Bush who claim he can do no wrong because he says he is a religious man. That is, after all, your claim.

– Mark L. Chance.

[quote=Shinobu]I’m not intersted in getting into a discussion about what he did or didn’t do. However, one thing I notice on these forums is that just because Bush says he is a religious man it seems he can do no wrong. This is a bad way to think, just because a person proclaims they are religious does not mean that everything they do is holy or good.
[/quote]

Religious people sin as we all know. It is just that those that are against President Bush can’t even accept that he is religious. That is what you are really saying, right?

mlchance I don’t like your attitude. I have seen numerous posts on this forum where anytime someone says anything against the president many people get up in arms. This is my OPINION. Did I ever state it as fact? You are just proving my point now because you are getting all up in arms because I said something slightly negative.

Can’t I have my opinion without someone getting an attitude with me because I made a mere observation which was my own OPINION? I have a haircut appointment to go to soon, I’m sorry but I’m not going to get all the numerous posts just to show you something that is my opinion and no matter how many posts I’d show you it wouldn’t satisfy you anyways.

The thing is the president used to not be religious. I believe in SOME WAYS (keep the big letters in mind here…) he uses his religion to get the peoples favour. It’s been done time and again thru history.

This is my opinion and I never wanted to get into a fight about it so please get off my back.

That is implying most people are stupid and can’t evaluate the man’s character. All politicians pander to some degree. Do you think Bush panders any more than the rest of them did or still do?

Bush is pretty honest about his beliefs and does less pandering than other presidents have in the past. A number of recent presidents really were not religious at all, but pretended to be while in office for political reasons.

Shinobu, Why do you post if you do not want people who disagree with you to respond? Talk about an attitude. Looks to me as if you have a chip on your shoulder.

I support President Bush but believe he has made some big mistakes. He should do what ever it takes to secure our borders and if Mexico doesn’t like, tough luck. He is much too concerned with what Mexico and Mexican/Americans think. He should come out with a firm plan for Social Security and push it. So, yes, there are areas which he needs to improve in, but over all I think he is doing a good job and believe he is truely a religious man.

[quote=Lance]Shinobu, Why do you post if you do not want people who disagree with you to respond? Talk about an attitude. Looks to me as if you have a chip on your shoulder.

I support President Bush but believe he has made some big mistakes. He should do what ever it takes to secure our borders and if Mexico doesn’t like, tough luck. He is much too concerned with what Mexico and Mexican/Americans think. He should come out with a firm plan for Social Security and push it. So, yes, there are areas which he needs to improve in, but over all I think he is doing a good job and believe he is truely a religious man.
[/quote]

There is a difference between someone giving their opinion and someone being RUDE. He didn’t take what I said as opinion he just took what I said as if it was fact and pretty much demanded me to find links for him. I didn’t point out any specific names I just said in general that I notice that here.

I think you need to check your attitude. There is a difference between an opinion and just being rude. You can kindly give me your opinion, without stating specific names and WITHOUT coping an attitude.

[quote=Shinobu]There is a difference between someone giving their opinion and someone being RUDE. He didn’t take what I said as opinion he just took what I said as if it was fact and pretty much demanded me to find links for him. I didn’t point out any specific names I just said in general that I notice that here.

I think you need to check your attitude. There is a difference between an opinion and just being rude. You can kindly give me your opinion, without stating specific names and WITHOUT coping an attitude.
[/quote]

I’ll “stay on your back” as long as you post your liberal drival. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. I checked my attitude and it is just fine but thanks for the concern.

[quote=gilliam]Bush is pretty honest about his beliefs and does less pandering than other presidents have in the past. A number of recent presidents really were not religious at all, but pretended to be while in office for political reasons.
[/quote]

He is also one of the three politicians in my entire lifetime who does things for people and groups, and doesn’t allow it to be used for “media hype” or photo ops. Let me tell you, that’s a rarity indeed. He’s gained a great deal of respect from my family just on that count alone. The same is true of the Cheney family.

[quote=Lance]I’ll “stay on your back” as long as you post your liberal drival. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. I checked my attitude and it is just fine but thanks for the concern.
[/quote]

Actually I don’t feel like getting suspended from here. So you can continue to spit venom and I will leave. Talk about hateful…

[quote=Shinobu]Actually I don’t feel like getting suspended from here. So you can continue to spit venom and I will leave. Talk about hateful…
[/quote]

Oh puhleeze - if you want to leave the thread — go.

If you want to stay and post — go.

Stop with the hateful stuff. Read your own posts and pick out the attitude. We all leave threads when we simply tire of the debating back and forth and we feel we’ve had our say. You don’t have to announce it or give notice.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.