Odd Chaplet

Not sure where else to put this:

I got given a devotional item today, it’s a heart shaped pendant with an image of the Immaculate Conception on a chain, one bead, then a centre (of the Mother and Child) then a chain with ten beads. I thought it might be the Chaplet of the Immaculate Conception, but that has 15 beads and clear paters: these beads are all the same size at regular intervals. What is this exactly? Thanks.

It sounds like it could possibly be a chaplet for the Ten Evangelical Virtues of the Blessed Virgin Mary

marian.org/mary/prayers/chaplet.php

I don’t know to be honest but it could be a small rosary with one decades worth of beads. There are so many devotions in the church. Why not go to your local piety store and ask them or when you get it blessed ask the priest. God bless.:slight_smile:

Yes, it sounds like a one-decade rosary. Except for the crucifix, does it look like these? search.aquinasandmore.com/results.php?i=search.aquinasandmore.com&keywords=one+decade+rosary

Yes, I agree. I have one, similar… it is an “Auto Rosary”. It has a clasp, and can be suspended from the rear view mirror of your car. Only, mine has a Padre Pio center piece with a San Damiano Crucifix.

Thanks for the replies guys; I assumed it couldn’t be a one-decade rosary because it lacks a crucifix, but it sounds like that’s what it probably is after all.

It may be “sacrifice beads”. The do not always have a crucifix.

thelittleways.com/photos-of-sacrifice-beads/

Does it look like this?

viarosa.com/VR/Virtues/Chaplets.html

Thank you all!!

Ruslan, I think that’s the one!! I shall pray Our Lady’s Chaplet of Virtues confidently :slight_smile:

I am so glad it is. You’re welcome and I like that chaplet too.

:harp:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.