Odd death for a founding member of ELO

Mike Edwards, one of the early members of the British rock ensemble, Electric Light Orchestra, died Sept. 3 in an accident.

Mr. Edwards was driving a white van along a countryside road in the southwestern county of Devon when a 700 pound hay bale tumbled down a hill and landed on the windshield of his vehicle, killing him instantly, police said.

voices.washingtonpost.com/postmortem/2010/09/elo-member-mike-edwards-dies-a.html

Even driving on country roads can be dangerous, I guess. But around here, deer are the usual culprits.

Praying for the repose of his soul …

If I saw a 700 pound hay bale tumbling down a hill at me, I think I'd turn to stone...:whistle:

How tragic! RIP, Mr. Edwards and thank you for fond musical memories.

Mr. Edwards was driving **a white van **along a countryside road in the southwestern county of Devon when a 700 pound hay bale tumbled down a hill and landed on the windshield of his vehicle, killing him instantly, police said.

A white van, huh? That IS strange!:eek:

Anyway--may Mr. Edwards rest in peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.