O'Donnell on ABC: 'Radical Christians' no different than murderous radical Muslims

ABC’s Rosie O’Donnell told a nationwide audience this week that “radical Christians” are the same as radical Muslims who piloted hijacked jetliners into New York’s Twin Towers, who chop off the heads of individuals and who bomb innocent children in suicide attacks. O’Donnell made her comments as host of ABC’s “The View.”

“Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America where we have separation of church and state,” O’Donnell said. She had been saying that America was attacked “not by a nation.” She continued: “And as a result of the attack and the killing of 3,000 innocent people, we invaded two countries and killed innocent people.” Even her liberal co-hosts were shocked by her comments.

Co-host Joy Behar protested that Christians are not trying to impose mass murder on America. “This group (radical Muslims) is threatening to kill us.” Replied O’Donnell: “No, but we are bombing innocent people in other countries. True or false?”

**O’Donnell was saying there is no difference between the radical Muslims who kill in the name of Allah and Bible-believing Christians who follow the teachings of Jesus. **

Neither O’Donnell nor ABC apologized for the comments. Had she made similar comments about minorities or homosexuals, there would have been an apology, and she would have probably been fired.

The message from ABC is that bashing Christians is acceptable, even comparing them with murderers who kill in the name of Allah.

Take Action

Tell ABC that O’Donnell’s comments deserve an apology and a reprimand.

1. Send the email to ABC asking for an apology and a reprimand.

2. Forward this to your friends and family, and ask them to send the email to ABC.
    Send Your Email to ABC Now!

Done.

Consider the source. The whole entertainment industry in this country is morally bankrupt and unbelievably hypocritical. If these comments they make weren’t so incredibly bigoted, especially in light of their highly selective “tolerance” for groups that they deem worthy, it would be better just to ignore them and their big mouths.

Done and I considered the source. It seems that her tolerance of “equal” rights do not go any further then her “wife” and herself. This coming from a woman that bathes with her children and and refuses to allow the biological mother of “her” child to breast feed.

The co-hosts may have been shocked but the audience applauded. The studio audience for The View is probably not a good representation of the rest of America but, to me, this is just as outrageous. I expect Ms. O’Donnell to take bizarre positions, I just didn’t realize so many agreed with her.

I don’t know what it is but them women talking hurts my ears.:frowning:

As per the audience applauding…
It is amazing that so many people agreed, however, I have a feeling that the audience was unusually filled with Rosie fans as she was the guest of the day.

Recalling a description I once heard: “She has a large, untalented mouth.”

As a rule, I never take talk shows very seriously----everybody knows that their chief purpose is to make money for whoever pays the host’(s)’ bank accounts.

E-mails to ABC are only *slightly *more effective that shouting at the TV. Protest e-mails take no investment, and the recipient knows it. The sender thinks “There, that’ll show 'em”, and goes right back to watch O’Donnell again tomorrow.

Hard copy letters; the kind you have to mail(remember those?); to the *advertisers *on that program are a much stronger response, as would be a boycott of products.

I believe O’Donnell is the new “regular” and we’ll probably be subjected to a steady stream of her “wisdom”. I don’t think she’ll last long on the show…it’s Barbara Walters’ and she didn’t get where she is by letting letting boorish blowhards upstage her. O’Donnell has a history of flame-outs.

Catholics are not the radical Christians she is talking about. I don’t think I need to list names any of the nutcakes of the “Left Behind” types. I’m stopping here before I get on a roll.

Catholics may differ on whether the war is just or unjust. However, discussion of the war belongs in the War on Terrorism sub-forum.

Discussion of popular media belongs in the Popular Media forum.

Thread closed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.