Of Babies and Baptism in the womb?

Is it authoritative church teaching what I was taught in grammar school forty years ago that when a baby dies without being baptized it goes somewhere just like heaven, but it can’t have the beatific vision (can’t see God’s face)? I took a fair amount of ribbing when my children were born because I didn’t want to waste any time in getting them baptized, but as their father, my inaction could have had eternal consequences for them. I don’t take that lightly. Now, I’m wondering since it is a human life with a soul from the moment of conception, then why wouldn’t the church teach that a person should be baptized in the womb as soon a a woman knows she is pregnant? Sincerely.

This link should be give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Can the unborn be baptized?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.