Of Thanks to God for His Mercy

My wife has pancreatic cancer and has been fighting hard through chemotherapy. As always there are problems and setbacks. She was recently hospitalized with a very high fever 105F. While a team of 7 doctors were unable to determine the origin of the fever after sampling every bodily fluid they could including 2 lumbar punctures they decided to do a CT Scan. The good news is that the tumor has shrunk by more than half and that is truly an answer to prayer for all of us who have been praying for her. My wife says the only prayer she can find peace with right now is “Thy will be done” and that says a lot about her spirit. Thank you Lord Jesus for being with us during this terrible trial. Thanks to all of you who may read this and pray with us and special prayers to any and all who have illness and are in need of healing both physically and emotionally. Blessings…

That’s wonderful news!! Your wife is certainly a brave lady. What a tremendous blessing! Sometimes the hardest prayer to say is, “Thy will be done.” Thanks be to God for His Mercy. God bless. :slight_smile:

Yes, your wife is an inspiration!
God bless her for her faith, and God bless you for your gratitude.
You also are a witness. It seems to me that a major if not the major sin of Eden was of ingratitude to God, as God had given all manner of things to humankind (Adam and Eve) and they thanklessly craved and seized the one thing that God had denied them,
therefore I see gratitude to God as a gift and a virtue that underpins our other virtues and gifts. And when I see it in anyone I feel a partcular uplift.

“Thy will be done.” Jesus faced His torture and murder with those words.
Please give your wife a hug from me.
Our God, we thank and praise You for the faith and Ghristliness that You have given to this couple, and ask You to continue to bless them in every way that You desire.

Lord thank you for your presence and help for this husband and wife. Please continue to be near and with them as they go through this trying time. Bring your strength to them in their weakness and guard them from evil and harm in your grace and mercy, amen.
mlz

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

That is good news!!
Praying for your wife …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.