Offering a Rosary for someone

I’ve got a stupid question!

I’ve seen people say “I’ll offer a Rosary for you” or something like that.

How do we offer a rosary for someone else?
It seems to me that the Rosary is a prayer for our own spirits and a meditation and I’m confused how we can offer one for someone else. :confused:

The same way you say a prayer for someone.

When I say a prayer for someone I mention their name and the problem directly. The prayers of the Rosary only mention “us” and I. The Rosary seems to be only about us and ourselves.

Is it that we say all the prayers for someone or just some intentions at the end (like with the prayers for the intentions of the Pope at the end of a Rosary).

Just say quietly before you begin “I offer this rosary for…” and name the person you want to pray for.
Then go ahead and pray the rosary.

Righty ho!

:thumbsup:

In our Rosary group we say our intentions before we begin.

Two Ways (plus many more, I am sure).

Rosary Novena

O Mother of God, accept this Rosary as a sign of my love and devotion to you.

I beg you to intercede for me with your Divine Son, and grant the favor I so earnestly desire.

(petition)

O Blessed Virgin, remember your faithful servant by hearing my prayers and obtaining my petition.

O Most Holy Queen of the Rosary, pray for me.

:amen:

Prayer Before the Rosary

Queen of the Holy Rosary, you have deigned to come to Fatima to reveal to the three shepherd children the treasurers of grace hidden in the Rosary. Inspire my heart with a sincere love of this devotion, in order that by meditating on the Mysteries of our Redemption, which are recalled in it, I may be enriched with its fruits and obtain peace for the world, the conversion of sinners and of Russia, the intentions of our Holy Father, Pope Benedict, and the favor which I ask of you in this Rosary. (Mention Request)

I ask it for the greater glory of God, for your own honor, and for the good of souls, especially for my own. Amen.

:gopray2: :amen:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.