Offering our entire self to Mama Mary

*My Queen, My Mother, I offer
myself entirely to Thee. And to show my devotion to Thee,
I offer Thee this day, my eyes,
my ears, my mouth, my heart,
my whole being without reserve.

Wherefore, good Mother, as I am thine own, keep me, guard me as Thy property and possession.

Amen*

Protestants had been using this prayer to “prove” that we worship the Blessed Mother.

So, how do we answer them?:slight_smile:

How many people do you think have said to their girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse ‘I love you with my whole heart and soul’ or ‘I give you all my heart and soul’ or simply ‘I’m yours’ - meaning ‘I am your possession’.

Does that mean they are worshipping the person to whom they say those words? Or that to say them detracts from a wholehearted love of God? Of course not. A person doesn’t have a limited amount of love to give, and to extravagantly love others is usually a sure sign of extravagant love of God as well - I mean who was more extravagant in his love than Christ, who gave his life of rour sake?

Good points. It’s not the first time that Protestants use our “prayers” against us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.