Offering the Ordinary Form Mass for Extraordinary Form

I would like to see if there is any interest in offering up personal Holy Mass intentions during the Ordinary Form, for a restoration of the Extraordinary Form?

Today, my personal prayer intention for the Mass of The Twenty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time was for the restoral of the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.

God Bless!

If by “restoration” of the Extraordinary Form you mean abolishment of the Ordinary Form,well, I don’t see that as an appropriate intention at any Mass as it flies in the face of the Church’s theology, teaching, and establishment of the Ordinary Form. Certainly the Extraordinary Form is available provided that the proper conditions - including the presence of a stable community and a priest with the necessary training - are met. This may be a problem in Japan, however.

I often lift up my Holy Communion at our parish’s OFM that we will get an EFM. Despite legal clarity on EFM’s, there are some barriers that are overcome only through prayer. It is not simply a matter of organizing a stable group.

What “restoration”? There is an EF right now. Such a plan will do nothing but further divide the Church by those who think there should only be one form ( the form they like).

Really terrible idea,

OP, are you asking for the EF being available in your area or the abolishment of the OF?

As much as I’m sympathetic, I don’t think this is a good idea. There is much resentment already and you don’t want to create more, especially in the middle of a Mass.

In my opinion that is a bad idea. The Church says both Forms are valid. Be obedient to the Church.

How fortunate are you that you have easy and readily available access to the Church and the sacraments? How many are there in the world who wish that they were as fortunate as you? Instead of railing against the form of Mass that you attend, you should maybe be thankful that you are fortunate enough to have such easy access and availability to it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.