Offering Up Suffering For Your Intentions

Hi all,

I have been having a rough first trimester of pregnancy and instead of just lying around complaining about it, I’ve decided I might as well offer up my discomfort, etc. for the needs of people here at CAF. Feel free to post your intentions on this thread or send via PM. I will also go through this forum and “offer it up” for the intentions posted.

God bless you!

That is a great inspiration… I hope to do this too when I find myself suffering… it’s not easy to remember though, just easier to mope.

I ask would you please offer your suffering up for my sister who seems to be in a lot of darkness now… morally and intellectually. I ask that you offer your suffering up for all people in the same boat as she, but because of the weaknesses of our nature it seems more meaningful to offer things for one rather than for many… so my sister can be the microcosm for all who struggle as she does.

Thank you very much!!

I pray for the health of you and your baby.

[INDENT][INDENT]I offer up my crushing chronic illnesses – both physical and psychological — for the salvation of souls. Amen.

[/INDENT][/INDENT]

I have felt very sorrowful for sins I have committed in the past, and still do today. I wish to erase them and for God to forgive me. I will pray for you and your child.

Praying for you, pensmama87, and for edarlitrix’s sister, and njlisa, and KidCatholic1.

Please pray for me … yesterday the spiritual battle was so intense that a dream I had right before I woke up came true later that same day … things today looked better, but it’s always something and I pray to St. Michael every day for help.

:blessyou:

Holy Mary, Mother of God
spread the effect of grace of thy Flame of Love over all humanity
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to her assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

GBY

Thank you for your generosity pensmama. I also offer up hardships for various intentions.

Please pray that I can find a good job soon. My dad went for testing yesterday and I heard that a lump or something was found in his prostrate. Not yet known whether it’s benign or not. Praying that it’s nothing. Would like to ask for prayers for my mom’s complete recovery from stroke almost a year ago. Right now her right foot (the side affected) is bothering her. She took meds and goes for therapy.

Praying for you and your family, and a healthy pregnancy.:slight_smile:

Thank you pensmama-
I have many things going on in my life now that are in need of prayer.
I am praying for you, your pregnancy, health, and family:gopray:

God bless you, pensmama! I need help being patient in my own daily sufferings. Sometimes I get so tired of health and mental problems I could scream. I also feel so overwhelmed taking care of five boys. Reading your post reminds me to keep persevering. Praying for you, your little one and all the prayer warriors…

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Praying for all.

Thank you for offering up for us. I also do that sometimes when I’m going through a rough time.

Thank you, I will be praying for you too. All I need is peace and health in my family.

Prayers said for everyone’s intentions here.

I also have chronic health issues, including nerve pain. I “offer up” my pain as well, for the CAF family. May God bless all of you.

Thank you for your prayers. Your prayers alone make me feel better :). I will pray for you as well!

Thank you so much, Pensmama87, for doing this! :smiley: I have sent you a PM with a few of my private intentions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.