Offering Up Your Own Faults

Let’s say you make a mistake at work out of negligence and you get reprimanded for it by your boss. You feel terrible about it. Can you offer up this type of suffering to Jesus knowing it was your own fault?

1 Like

I’m sure you can,you can offer up the feeling terrible about it.

3 Likes

Tbh I give Jesus the whole mess. Top to bottom. He made it all, I’m thinking He is the best at figuring out what to do with it. It seems to be working thus far.

3 Likes

Two prayers come to mind that say “absolutely, yes” in my opinion:

“Oh my Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer You my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day.” (No mention of fault, but there is an implied ALL, I think; I also believe ‘sufferings’ includes our failings.)

“I confess… that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done
and in what I have failed to do,
through my fault, through my fault,
through my most grievous fault;” (If saying it three times isn’t enough…)

FWIW, re: your work scenario - been there, done that and definitely offered it to Him.

You can offer up any suffering you feel.

It feels terrible when such things happen, but it helps us with our humility.

Some of the saints were very inept at their tasks and got reprimanded often. I’m sure they offered it up.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.