Official: Flynn Discussed Sanctions With Russians Before Taking Office

Official: Flynn Discussed Sanctions With Russians Before Taking Office

National Security Advisor Mike Flynn discussed hacking-related sanctions with the Russian ambassador before the Trump administration took office, contrary to the public assertions of Vice President Mike Pence and White House spokesman Sean Spicer, a U.S. intelligence official told NBC News…

… “It’s clear that concerns about General Flynn’s ties to Russia were well warranted,” said Rep. Eliot Engel of New York, ranking member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. “**The President must relieve General Flynn immediately.”
Others called for further investigation.

**“That General Flynn may have misled the vice president of the United States and others raises the most serious questions about his ability to continue serving as national security advisor,” **said Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts, a Senate Foreign Relations Committee member. “I hope federal law enforcement professionals investigate this matter immediately. Any effort to undermine our nation’s foreign policy - even during a transition period — may be illegal and must be taken seriously.”

This comes across as more ant-Trump political showmanship.

NBC News … friends don’t let friends watch NBC news.

I turned them off a long time ago when that media channel got caught deliberately doctoring Zimmerman’s 911 call (left out key portions to make it appear as if Zimmerman were the an outright racist) and they also got caught deliberately doctoring the photos of Zimmerman’s facial and head injuries. I don’t invite liars into my home.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me multiple times, shame on me.

NBC led a Lynch mob against Zimmerman
I stopped watching when it became apparent they had a specific agenda that has nothing to do with the news.

Good grief. If you don’t like NBC look everywhere else; the story not exclusive t them.
wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-discussed-sanctions-with-russian-ambassador-1486769138

I understand the skepticism when it comes to news sources, like NBC and FOX, but if the facts of the story are substantiated through various channels, then the attack on the media is an ad hominem argument.

Which “sanctions” were those?

Sending home a bunch of Russian embassy employees?

It now seems clear that Flynn violated the Logan Act. That actually does not bother me, really. But he directly lied about it multiple times, apparently lying directly to the Vice President and maybe the President. That is very troubling.

Among others. And did they not talk about the economic sanction imposed after the illegal annexation of Crimea?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.