Oh my!!!

Italian woman killed by falling crucifix

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ROME – A woman was killed Wednesday when a nearly 7-foot-tall metal crucifix fell on her head in a small town in southern Italy, police said.

Maddalena Camillo, 72, was walking in the main square in the village of Sant’Onofrio when the crucifix toppled from a monument being restored for a religious celebration, police said.

Sant’Onofrio is in the region of Calabria, the toe of the boot-shaped Italian peninsula, about 370 miles south of Rome.

[quote=Shibboleth]Italian woman killed by falling crucifix

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ROME – A woman was killed Wednesday when a nearly 7-foot-tall metal crucifix fell on her head in a small town in southern Italy, police said.

Maddalena Camillo, 72, was walking in the main square in the village of Sant’Onofrio when the crucifix toppled from a monument being restored for a religious celebration, police said.

Sant’Onofrio is in the region of Calabria, the toe of the boot-shaped Italian peninsula, about 370 miles south of Rome.
[/quote]

God bless her soul, and pardon the ironic observation, but it brings a whole new meaning to Jesus’ edict to “bear one’s cross and follow after me”.

[quote=Apologia100]God bless her soul, and pardon the ironic observation, but it brings a whole new meaning to Jesus’ edict to “bear one’s cross and follow after me”.
[/quote]

And when it’s time for you to go…

[quote=The Barrister]And when it’s time for you to go…
[/quote]

We all have to go somehow, someway. I guess If I have to choose, getting crushed to death by the symbol of our Lord isn’t so bad. I mean, isn’t our physical death only a part of life that we we all must pass through? My hope is right now, she is thanking God that cross fell on top of her, and brought her to a much better place.

i think that should get you an automatic exemption form purgatory.

That last post brought a smile to my face.Shoot, maybe it did.

The sad thing is that yesterday I heard a talk show host make fun of this event. The person kept on saying: "Jesus killed this woman!"
How absurd! It was Sir Isaac Newton’s Law that took into effect!
*i.e. Gravity)!

go with God!
Edwin

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.