Ohio police kill machete-wielding restaurant attacker [BBC]

Ohio police kill machete-wielding restaurant attacker

Police in the US state of Ohio have killed a man who attacked four people with a machete in a restaurant.

The suspect fled after the attack in a Mediterranean diner in the city of Columbus, leading police on a chase before he was shot and killed.

All four people were taken to hospital and are expected to make a full recovery.

“There was no rhyme or reason as to who he was going after,” said Sgt Rich Weiner, the police chief in Columbus.

The suspect first came to the restaurant earlier in the evening. He had a conversation with an employee and left.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35562301

The restaurant’s name is Nazareth Mediterranean Cuisine and there is a picture of it at the link. More details are in other stories such as at the Blaze.

Wait for it! Comes from Africa and at first got away in a rental car. Wonder where the $ came from? Reason? Islamic terrorist.

10tv.com/content/stories/2016/02/11/columbus-ohio-man-stabs-multiple-people-with-machette-in-northeast-columbus.html

CBS News reports Barry has a Somali background and may have traveled to Dubai in 2012. Law enforcement tells them the incident appears to be the type of “lone wolf terrorist attacks they’re trying to stop.”

The FBI is assisting in the investigation.

:rolleyes:

when I heard machete wielding and the name of the restaurant Nazareth my first thoughts were it possibly could be terrorist related.
So the people attacked were harmed because they were Christian, the restaurant was owned by Christians or because it served Mediterranean food?

The attacker was killed?

They offer mostly Greek and Middle Eastern cuisine. The owner is an Arab Israeli immigrant and the restaurant is named after his home town.

I have not read any news regarding the attack. I did hear the attacker was from Somalia. Have they confirmed a link to terrorism or are they still investigating?

Still investigating, but the fact that he was Somalian isn’t terribly unusual here. Columbus has a high population of Somali immigrants and many of them do have a difficult time adjusting culturally.

I just read on NOR the restaurant owned by a Christian from Israel.

Yeah, having a difficult time adjusting culturally! :whistle:

And Somalis are known to have produced, unfortunately, a number of terrorists who have gone overseas along with some domestic cases as well.

Somali Man Arrested In Columbus On Terror-Related Charges …
10tv.com/content/stories/2011/06/09/story-columbus-somali-terrorist-charges.html

I’m not going to look up cases but it looks like there are more.

Do black lives still matter in this kind of case?

Or from, you know, Palestine, and driven out by Israelis.

I did hear on the radio that the attacker was on some list.

Oh, I’m sure this all a case of “workplace violence,” or whatever BS phrase will be used. :mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.