Ohio police use pepper spray on crowd lined up for Air Jordans

Police in Toledo, Ohio pepper sprayed to disperse about 300 people at that city’s Franklin Park Mall this morning.

Shoppers began arriving at the mall at 3:30 a.m. today to get tickets to purchase $200 Nike Air Jordan Retro 11 Legend Blues, which will go on sale this Saturday.

Police spokesman Sergeant Joe Heffernan said the pepper spray was used at about 5:45 a.m. after people knocked down barricades and several officers were knocked to the ground.

December sales of the latest Air Jordans, which are released in limited quantities, has perennially been a source of crowd-related problems at stores around the country.

I’m wondering why these sneakerheads are going crazy over this Air Jordan shoe to get pepper sprayed.

I just looked up the shoe and it looks ugly. I’d prefer getting the Mcfly replica Nike shoe than the Air Jordan.

I would not spend $200 for a pair of shoes. I can’t remember when I spendt that much in a year for shoes. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.