Ok....teenage infatuation

For the past 13 months I have been absolutely obsessed and infatuated with someone who I know full well I do not want to have anything to do with. I am absolutely wasting my time and I’ve been going through anguish for nothing. I want to forget this person. That’s all I ask. To absolutely forget this person and to never go through anything like this again. As time goes on it seems to get worse. Many nights I have lain sleepless and cried my eyes out, and it’s all an absolute waste. I do NOT want this person in my life, and I do NOT want to have ANYTHING to do with them. I’m not saying anything bad about the person, in fact I still feel guilty for taking the absolutely wrong approach in the first place, and I know it’s ME who was absolutely unfair to them, but I also know that I do not want to have anything to do with them, I do not want them in any part of my life, and I want to absolutely FORGET them. I am so desperate to get over them that last night I lit Seven candles!!! Pleaseee pray for me…thanks!!! And I know it sounds dumb but this is really serious! :frowning:

Lord please help this person to be totally honest with You about the person, by facing and dealing with these divided feelings. While desiring to reject the person, the OP still has some kind of attachment. If this is unhealthy or even sinful, please give clarity and honesty to eradicate the temptation altogether. Lord, please give this person the grace to seek clarity of mind and purity of heart. Please help this person to find healthy and beneficial friendships.

Lord bless the other person and free them of this person’s unfortunate and unhelpful obsession.

Please help them both to flourish in their own separate lives.

Please say a kind prayer for the other person and hand the person over to Jesus in your heart.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for a new beginning for you …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Icome4help,

Oh how forceful the pull of infatuation could be at times. It grips you and renders you helpless!! You feel sorry for yourself and wish it all away. I will pray for divine intervention.
Take is easy.

odopa

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Praying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.