Ok to lie? hard to get a job/unemployed many years

Unfortunately no. I actually have been in H.R. and that is exactly what we did including police checks.(but without the inhuman treatment some companies did in degrading their employees.) So don’t lie on the cv. However make a one page resume that doesn’t list every job. Only those relevant to the position being applied for. If they want more they will contact you and you will at least have a foot in the door.
Also ill health can be treated as temporary, they may want a medical, but cross that bridge when you come to it. Remember, confidence and relevance of up to date skills are your best tools. Best of luck.

I’m in the same boat as you. I’m finding it very difficult to find a job, even if it’s just minimum wage. I wouldn’t lie in an interview or on your resume, it wont help you because when they find out you’ve been lying to them, for sure you wont get the job.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.