Oklahoma archbishop brings suit to stop Black Mass [CWN]

Archbishop Paul Coakley of Oklahoma City has filed a lawsuit in an Oklahoma court to stop the Black Mass scheduled for the Oklahoma City Civic Center in September.The lawsuit argues …

More…

Not sure why the other thread was locked, but ArchBishop Coakley is filing a lawsuit against the organizer of the Black Mass.

Thanks be to God!
:signofcross:

!:)!

We must all pray for this abomination to be defeated.

DGB

I don’t really see this going anywhere as far as the courts are concerned.

He filed the lawsuit on the grounds that the host had been illegally obtained from the church. If someone posed as a catholic to get communion and take it home, the courts are not going to get involved. They will see that the church gives away the wafers every Sunday, and rule that it is not the role of the government to enforce the church’s rules on who is and is not eligible to receive communion, or to enforce what they do with it afterwards. Ownership will have been transferred from the church to the person who takes the wafer.

Now, if someone broke into the church to steal it, that’s another story.

I think it’s also important to note that the black mass has been held at this venue every year for four years. What caused the outcry this time is that tickets were sold online.

Praying to St. Michael the Archangel for the Church.

ncregister.com/daily-news/breaking-archbishop-files-lawsuit-against-black-mass-organizers/

Read about the law suit here. I hope they get the host back.

The Archdiocese of Oklahoma City filed the lawsuit at noon today, asserting that the organizers’ consecrated host is Church property and was obtained fraudulently.

ncregister.com/daily-news/breaking-archbishop-files-lawsuit-against-black-mass-organizers

I am happy that Archbishop Coakley has done this! Hopefully this will put an immediate stop to this demonic “black mass” or at least stop the grave sacrilege of desecration of the Most Holy Eucharist from happening.

Wait…so a consecrated Host is going to be at that dreadful event?

I know the disciples were chastised for asking Jesus to call down a rain of fire…but Lord have mercy, may every obstacle be placed on their way so that this blasphemy may never come to pass.

I wonder how hard it would be to run up and consume the host. Considering how much groups like Femen get away with, I would be very surprised if there were legal repercussions. I can’t imagine there would be a particularly large crowd. If one person made a distraction and the other, quickly consumed the host, wouldn’t solve a lot problems?

I guess it’s easy for me to say that while I’m in no position to actually do that. I’m just surprised no one seems to be planning to do it.

So by your reasoning…
If I enter a public business…say a hotel, and pretend I am a guest to obtain a free razor at the front desk, it is not steeling since they give out razors to guests every day, and I did not break in to get it?

My Union gives away free Baseball and Football tickets to encourage MEMBERS to attend. You write your name on a slip of paper and names are drawn out of a basket. Non-members of the Union are free to attend but not participate in the drawing. By your reasoning a non-member could throw his name in and the courts could not force the non-member to give back the tickets, once he is found out.

Your argument does not hold up, breaking in to the Church is a straw man argument.
The Catholic Church has clear rules who may and who may not receive.
The host was taken under false pretenses.

The Saint Michael prayer is the prayer he has asked Catholics everywhere to pray to win this fight. Will you join me in praying this prayer for the next 5 days?

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

delete

By an act of deception. If a hospital provides me with a wheelchair because I said I was crippled even though I’m not, am I in lawful possession of that wheel chair?

I think it’s also important to note that the black mass has been held at this venue every year for four years. What caused the outcry this time is that tickets were sold online.

What causes the outcry is the desecration of the Blessed Sacrament. The fact that this is the 4th time such an atrocity is to be committed only makes it all the more important that it be stopped.

catholicvote.org/we-want-the-blessed-sacrament-back/

Unfortunately, even if we win this lawsuit, what is to stop the Satanists from simply returning an unconsecrated host and keeping our Lord??

All we can do is pray.

I pray the Eucharist is respected in all cases.

But the Eucharist is owned property? I am truly amazed the diocese did this, but I respect whatever the Bishop does.

As silly as this all is, I would love to see that happen!

well if the civil authorities wont help, maybe the church should get the host back on its own, it does have the right, if the civil auth refused to help, they have every right to do it themselves…I thought the catholic church/ Vatican had a group that handled this kind of thing…?? Am I wrong?

I fear though, if they do indeed use a consecrated host during this event, and it is an actual black mass, held in a public spectrum, something very bad will result! This could be very dangerous, it could unleash some very bad spirits in that place, as well as the city itself!

I think God would step in and cause something to happen, so they either cant use the host, or cant continue, it probably wont be anything major, like fire raining down from the sky, but maybe a freak power outage, or sudden damage to equipment at the facility, etc. I could see something like this happening.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.