Oklahoma Sheriff Charged with Using Inmates as Sex Slaves

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_on_re_us/sheriff_sex_charges;_ylt=Ash241FLUIcYtbi0vIgdbd

By JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS, Associated Press Writer Fri Apr 18, 2:25 AM ET

ARAPAHO, Okla. - Authorities have charged a western Oklahoma sheriff with coercing and bribing female inmates so he could use them in a sex-slave operation run out of his jail.

Custer County Sheriff Mike Burgess resigned Wednesday just as state prosecutors filed 35 felony charges against him, including 14 counts of second-degree rape, seven counts of forcible oral sodomy and five counts of bribery by a public official.

Burgess, the top officer in the county of 26,000 since 1994, appeared in court Wednesday was released after posting $50,000 bail.

This is juicier than that story about the father and daughter having a child together. You folks couldn’t leave that one alone so I hope that you gnaw away on this one

i hope those involved get help the help they need. sheriff, inmates, and everyone.

“You folks”? Are there specific individuals you have in mind or are you dismissing everyone at CAF?

I don’t think there is any question that abuses happen in the criminal justice system. Power corrupts. The important thing is to be vigilant and to take action where it should be taken.

Is there some course of action you wish people reading this thread would take? Certainly we should pray for everyone involved.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.