Old College Undergrad Seminary at Notre Dame

I know that there are some anti-Notre Dame opinions on CAF, but I found this "Old College" undergraduate seminary that is affiliated with Notre Dame. I am interested with this program and I am wondering if anyone has any experience or further information that they could share. Thanks and God bless!

Information: vocation.nd.edu/what-the-seminary-is-like/old-college-undergrad-program/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_College,_University_of_Notre_Dame

[quote="plainandsimple, post:1, topic:297155"]
I know that there are some anti-Notre Dame opinions on CAF, but I found this "Old College" undergraduate seminary that is affiliated with Notre Dame. I am interested with this program and I am wondering if anyone has any experience or further information that they could share. Thanks and God bless!

Information: vocation.nd.edu/what-the-seminary-is-like/old-college-undergrad-program/

[/quote]

Old College is a beautifual and absolutely amazing spiritual place where you can study for the priesthood while and undergraduate at Notre Dame or Holy Cross. I highly suggest you check it out. Google "Congregation of Holy Cross Old College" and it'll come right up :thumbsup:

Good luck and God bless you!!!

[quote="plainandsimple, post:1, topic:297155"]

[/quote]

This link might help also. Great video on the link. Also of interest is another link below regarding a new book THE CHAPELS OF NOTRE DAME. Thought you might be interested.

vocation.nd.edu/what-the-seminary-is-like/old-college-undergrad-program/

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZluOFlQR1oE

Enjoy and good luck!

I know that there are some anti-Notre Dame opinions on CAF, but I found this “Old College” undergraduate seminary that is affiliated with Notre Dame. I am interested with this program and I am wondering if anyone has any experience or further information that they could share. Thanks and God bless!

PlainandSimple,

My name is Joe, and I am an Old College seminarian in my second year. If you are interested in the program I encourage you to go to the vocation website for the Congregation of Holy Cross. The Program is beautifully and vibrantly Catholic to calm any fears, and we are a community of men invested in discerning God’s call for us in the Congregation of Holy Cross.

There are a number of opportunities for High Schoolers and college students. If you are in High School you can arrange an informal visit to get a glimpse at our common life. You can make one of these visits anytime in your senior year of High School, or the spring of your junior year in High School.

Our vocation directors, Frs Jim Gallagher CSC and Drew Gawrych CSC, are both amazingly holy men who want to help you discern. Like I said, visit the website and I encourage you to contact the vocation office when you are comfortable, and interested in an informal visit- which by the way has no strings attached, so it’s a really relaxed weekend for you (usually Thursday evening through Saturday evening).

Here is our vocation website again: holycrossusa.org/vocations/
and if you have any questions feel free to respond and I can get you my email.

In Holy Cross,

Joe Krivos

P.S. As regards the anti-Notre Dame sentiments online, they are from well intentioned individuals, but with a tabernacle in EVERY dorm on campus, confession offered at least an hour EVERYDAY, and some 200 Masses on campus EVERY WEEK there is great hope at Our Lady’s University. I can also assure you of the Congregation’s Orthodoxy and vibrancy of religious life. It is a joyful life, and if you feel at all called you should visit and let God do the talking, not the internet!

AMEN!!!:thumbsup: (and we’re 4-0! :))

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.