Old Covenant fulfilled

Is the Church the new Israel? Can the Jews be saved without Christ?

The Holy Mother Church teaches, and I believe,
**674 **The glorious Messiah’s coming is suspended at every moment of history until his recognition by “all Israel”, for “a hardening has come upon part of Israel” in their “unbelief” toward Jesus. St. Peter says to the Jews of Jerusalem after Pentecost: “Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, whom heaven must receive until the time for establishing all that God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old.” St. Paul echoes him: “For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?” The “full inclusion” of the Jews in the Messiah’s salvation, in the wake of “the full number of the Gentiles”, will enable the People of God to achieve “the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ”, in which “God may be all in all”.

No and No.

No one can be saved without Christ. Even someone who never heard of Christ, if they are saved, it is through Christ.

St. John, Ch. 14
6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

God Bless

The Church is the new Israel in the sense that she is the gateway to salvation for the chosen people of God in the same way Israel was. Pope Benedict XVI has written extensively on how Christ’s coming extended the chosen people of God from Jews to all men.

Christ is the savior, there is no salvation without the savior.

The real question is whether Christ saves Jews as well as Christians.

I’d change it to:

Yes and No.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.