Old scripture references found in my bible

I noticed a little scrap of newspaper that has some bible quote references to it, it was in my old retired bible, it's around 20 years old, "where has the time gone!!!", and going to post what's written, kind of like a scripture time capsule. I remember they were given to me by someone that was teaching me, I believe, so here it goes:

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things in him who strengthens me.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

James 1:9

9The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position.

1 Peter 2:4-5

The Living Stone and a Chosen People
4As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Ezekiel 36:26

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Thanks for posting this. I want to memorize some of these.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.