Omnipresence and the Eucharist/adoration

I’m trying to understand the significance of the Eucharist, especially Eucharistic adoration, if God is already omnipresent.

Of course God is Omnipresent in the Blessed Sacrament. He is not subject to the limitations of space and time. That is why he is able to make himself present in all the tabernacles of the world.
I highly suggest watching thhe video link below. Hope it helps. God be with you.

Video Link–>youtube.com/watch?v=yQGunvzz9Bo

Not sure what you are getting at. Could you rephrase your question?

Are you wondering how an omnipresent God can be “limited” to a specific place and time?

You should probably also be trying to understand the significance of Jesus, then.

God may be “present” everywhere, but the manner of His presence is not the same in all places. Otherwise, you should worship rocks, trees, and idols, since God is in some way “present” in them. And other people should worship you, as God is “present” in you.

God is not present in a tree or rock or us the way He is present in Himself. In the Eucharist, Jesus is present in His complete substance, in His humanity (Body, Blood, Soul) and Divinity. That is not how He is present in you and me.

Ok I see. I guess I was interpreting omnipresence as “God is everywhere,” but is “God can be wherever he wants” more accurate?

=PeteZaHut;7242975]I’m trying to understand the significance of the Eucharist, especially Eucharistic adoration, if God is already omnipresent.

Here it is from the Bible:

**John.4: 23-24 ** “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

This is God in our midst in His Omipresence

*John.6 Verses 47 to 57: ** "Truly, truly, I [JESUS] say to you, he who believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. … am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh." *[52] The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; **he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, **and I will raise him up at the last day. ***For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. *** He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me.”

And this id God [For Jesus is God] in His very REAL Physical Pesence in His now Glorified Risen Body, Blood, soul and Divinity.

A POOR explaination might be; one is a promise of God while the second is the physical reality of God in our very midst.:thumbsup:

I see no problem with this.
God is present in various ways.
He is omnipresent in several ways. He is omnipresent by his power. He is also omnipresent because he knows everything and everywhere. Jonah, the Old Testament prophet tried to escape God by going on a ship and leaving. He didn’t really accept that God is everywhere then. But he found that God is present on the sea too.
Another way God is present is by grace. Christ said during his last discourse in John that he would come to his people and live in them. He is present in the universe by grace only in the souls of the just.
Another way is by being physically present, when the Word who is God became flesh and blood when his mother Mary conceived him, as the Prologue of John explains. This way is obviouly different from the other forms of the presence of God. God is present in this third way in the eucharist, present in the eucharist in his himanity, flesh and blood, and in his divinity which took on flesh and blood.
Looking back, I see post number 4 as well says the same thing.

God is omnipresent throughout the universe. He is where he acts; he holds the universe in existence.

But the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, incarnate as Jesus Christ, is not omnipresent bodily throughout spacetime, except through his bodily presence in the Eucharistic species. That occurs at Mass and in Adoration Chapels.

There are different kinds of presence of God.

1. Omnipresence - God is everywhere
  2. Eucharist - God is present body, blood, soul and divinity in the appearance of bread and wine
  3. Gathering of the faithful - whenever 2 or 3 are gathered in His Name, God is present among them
  4. The least of our brethren

I’m feeling I’m missing something…

God is present everywhere in His Divinity.

He is present in the Eucharist in the same way He is present in Heaven, as Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity.

This is a greater reality than simply being present in simply His Divinity. Were that not so, the Incarnation, the Nativity and on Cross would be meaningless, as Christ would have been there already. There would have been no need for Gabriel to come to announce the coming of the Messiah, as the Messiah was already there. You could have picked any manger in any city in the whole world and God would have been in it. The Romans could have put up any cross whatsoever and Christ would have been present there in his Divinity.

But he came BODILY to us, and likewise comes BODILY to us in the Eucharist.

St. Thomas could have faced any wall or table in the upper room and exclaimed “My Lord and My God”, but it was to Christ before him, BODY, BLOOD, SOUL and DIVINITY that St. Thomas made that exclamation. And we now do the same to the same Lord in the same way.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.