On a road trip you stop in a town for lunch. There are five convenient options along the highway. Which would you choose?

Lunchtime fare
  • KFC
  • Burger King
  • Taco Bell
  • Subway
  • IHOP
  • none, thanks, I’ll keep driving

0 voters

no maccas?

It’s a small town. lol

2 Likes

Here it would be maccas with the truck stop servo on one side of the highway and maybe KFC the other side.
No Taco Bells or IHOP here that I have seen.

Waffle House.

4 Likes

Choices aren’t great, I would much prefer a Church’s Fried Chicken or a Roy Rogers Fried Chicken or even a Popeyes Fried Chicken. Although KFC has improved somewhat from 7 years ago when they had sunk to truly horrible. They’re now back up to average.

Also, in a lot of places, the KFC is actually a KFC/ Taco Bell so you can get both. I tend to be nervous of strange Taco Bells though - hard shell tacos, nacho chips, and tomatoes in the salsa are sometimes “off” even at the two that I actually frequent.

2 Likes

I do like Waffle House! Pecan waffles and coffee! :yum:

But I chose Subway as my option.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am not a fast food fan, so I’d probably look for a grocery store and pick up something there like fruit.

1 Like

Wendy’s

1 Like

Could they build a Jimmy John’s quickly? Or a Popeye’s Fried Chicken?

I miss Church’s Fried chicken.

1 Like

I chose IHOP.

I don’t like pancakes but I do like waffles, bacon and eggs.

1 Like

No Cracker Barrel? We have one on every exit down here.

1 Like

We always try to find a diner.

3 Likes

Does Waffle House still have the jukebox in every restaurant? That was a major attraction for me.

Given the choices, probably Burger King. I like their actual burgers well enough.

IHOP. Most varied menu of the available choices, and it’s hard to screw up pancakes too badly.

2 Likes

I LOVE KFC but nine times out of ten my wife and I would do what you’ve suggested.

Never heard of them. I’d say they have not come to my part of Canada yet. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.