On how to properly bless my house

Ok so I need help on blessing my house. Before I go to bed, I usually grab my little bottle of holy water, and sprinkle it around my house (Mainly on the top floor of my house. That's where my bedroom and my mom's bedroom is. BTW I'm 16 years of age). I say three Hail Marys in Latin and the St. Michael Prayer in English. I know this is good, but I just wanted to know, is there any other way I can bless my house every night before bed? Any other prayers I can say? Any traditional form of 'exorcism' on my house so that I can go to bed before the devil knows I'm asleep?:p

I dont know but I do admire your zeal and desire to rid yourself and your house of evil. The devil does try to get into houses and into people. Exorcisms while rare do happen and are testament to the lengths that evil will go to get souls.

I read this book, Beware The Night By Ralph Sarchie. It had a whole appendix with many many prayers to protect home and family. You should look into trying to get a copy.

This is what I did.

I went to my parish priest and requested he come for dinner as well as to come and Bless the home. He went through the entire house reading the blessing from a book and sprinkling each room with Holy Water.

[quote="CatholicOf94, post:1, topic:199962"]
Ok so I need help on blessing my house. Before I go to bed, I usually grab my little bottle of holy water, and sprinkle it around my house (Mainly on the top floor of my house. That's where my bedroom and my mom's bedroom is. BTW I'm 16 years of age). I say three Hail Marys in Latin and the St. Michael Prayer in English. I know this is good, but I just wanted to know, is there any other way I can bless my house every night before bed? Any other prayers I can say? Any traditional form of 'exorcism' on my house so that I can go to bed before the devil knows I'm asleep?:p

[/quote]

Great idea! :thumbsup:

I am a single mom, so I have asked Our Lord to give me His own foster father, St. Joseph, as the guardian of our home and the head of our household. I figure the man chosen by God to protect the Blessed Mother and the Child Jesus is the Saint I want watching over my home.

I sometimes sprinkle holy water in some of the rooms of my house, and room by room we are getting a crucifix, statue, or holy picture for each room of the house. But mostly, I just place my trust in God, that He will protect my home and family -- He loves us more than we could ever imagine, and He wants us in heaven with Him more than we could ever desire it for ourselves.

Gertie

Hello,

One thing I did was to get a house scapular from EWTN. It is a scapular like what you would wear, but larger and is meant to be hung in doorways of houses. I had this blessed and it now hangs on my front door. Until it came in, my fiancée had me hang blessed rosaries on doorknobs.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.