On the death of my mother

Please pray for the repose of the soul of my mother, Rita, who died tonight after a battle with lung cancer.

Please pray for family members who are grieving, especially for my father. They were married for almost sixty years.

Finally, please pray that this will be a moment of grace and conversion for any family members who need to return to Christ and His Church.

Thank you!

Philothea I am sad for your loss and for the sorrow your family is feeling.
I will, as you ask pray that this will be a moment of grace and conversion for any family members who need to return to Christ and His Church.
And I will keep in my prayer your family members who are grieving, especially your father. Jesus please hold him in Your love and help him through this unforgettable loss.

I will pray for you, you Dad, and you all at morning Mass.
God's kindest blessings to you

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Come, Holy Spirit, fill our hearts, enkindle in us the fire of Your love.

Eternal Father, I offer You the body and blood, soul and divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

:signofcross:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.:signofcross:

Praying hard.

[quote="PhilotheaZ, post:1, topic:177479"]
Please pray for the repose of the soul of my mother, Rita, who died tonight after a battle with lung cancer.

Please pray for family members who are grieving, especially for my father. They were married for almost sixty years.

Finally, please pray that this will be a moment of grace and conversion for any family members who need to return to Christ and His Church.

Thank you!

[/quote]

Praying for your intentions..take care....

Praying for your family and your intentions ...

Eternal rest grant unto Rita, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen.

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear PhilotheaZ, I am very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my daily prayers.

Eternal rest grant unto Rita, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed through your mercy rest in peace. Amen.

Lord, please comfort PhilotheaZ, her father, and her family and please help reconcile to the Church any members of her family who are at a distance away and are looking for you in a special way at this painful time. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Lord, in the difficult time folowing family loss, I ask Your loving supposrt for Philothea and her family.
Please grant that this will be a moment of grace and conversion for any family members who need to return to Christ and His Church.
Please comfort the family members who are grieving, especially Philothea's father. Jesus please hold him in Your love and help him through the days ahead.

Dear Philothea,
I am praying for you and your Dad especially while you struggle with the loss of your mom…Thanksgiving will be extra special for all of you in realizing how Our Lord Jesus Christ was with you during your darkest hours…

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on ur Daughter

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words!

I lost my mother in May after a very long illness. I know your suffering and feeling of loss. I can tell you that God will bless you during these next days ahead, giving you strength and peace during the Rosary/Visitation and funeral. I know that you will have trouble sleeping. That you will feel loss and emptiness. That you will sit in silence looking at those around you and wondering how life goes on when you have lost someone so dear.

In the weeks ahead, you will cry a lot of tears. You will pray for strength – and God will give you blessings. You will remember many joyous times and you will suffer with the memory of your mother’s pain.

It is a lttle more than six months since my mother passed. On the exact six month anniverary of her death, my two sisters and I went out for a movie, dinner and a massage. We felt loss – but more importantly, we felt blessed that my mother was always with us. she was there that day — we knew it.

I pray for you today but don’t lose Faith that life will rise again in joy! God will make sure of it.

closed #15

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.