Is it God’s will that some believe & some don’t?
I checked different sources,. Oh, and they aren’t from Calvinists.
Some say that it’s God’s choice since the beginning of who will be saved or damned.
Others say that God gives grace to whom He intends to call/choose only, and that if one believes, he was chosen by God, but if not then he wasn’t.
There’s even lines from the letters of Paul that contain this teaching. If God knows that some are going to hell, why does He even make them in the first place?
What uncomfortable about this is that if predestination is true, would that make God unfair? Also, would that go against free will?
One of these must be true:
- Not being chosen doesn’t mean unsaved.
- God knows everyone’s eternal fate but doesn’t plan them.
- Paul, being human, had errors even though he was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- God calls everyone; being chosen just means being tasked to do something special.
- God chooses everyone and gives them grace, it’s up to man to accept it.
What are your insights? I’ve been spiritually paranoid that I’ve researched for hours about this.