One of my students died this afternoon

One of my students, a 10th grade honors student, was killed in a car accident this afternoon. Please pray for him, his family, and my other students as we all find our way to deal with this tragedy. I hope I can be a comfort to my other students Monday during class.

May the peace of Christ console and sustain all of you in this time of loss.

My heart goes out to you. I lost one of my classmates who was also a very good friend to a car accident over the summer holidays after 10th grade.

You expired, O Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls and an ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us. O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You. Amen

:signofcross:

That’s so sad to hear, especially that the kid is so young. My brother died in a car accident a year ago, so these topics are very sensitive for me.

God, please stand by this young student as they make their transition into their new home with you in heaven. Help this family and the friends get through this rough time of losing their child and friend. Give them the strength to come together as a family during such a hard time. As the holidays are just around the corner, I especially pray for them during these times knowing how hard it is. I also pray for this wonderful teacher be able to bring some comfort and peace to their students during their time of struggle.

You’re in my prayers
Jenn

So, so sorry - you are all in my prayers.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen

Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for his sins and those of the whole world. For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on him and on the whole world. Amen

+JMJTJ+

***Oh how tragic! :frowning: ***
You, his classmates, and family will be in my prayers.
May he rest in peace at the feet of the Lord, and all his loved ones be consoled in their terrible loss.
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

With my prayers for him and for all who mourn his loss. - Joe

LORD Jesus
Comfort ur Children .
and have mercy on that son of yours,so that he can soon reach heaven in your glorious presence,not mine but thy will be done.

praying for all of you

My prayer for the comforting hand of Our Lord to touch all of those students & friends & for the strength of the Holy Spirit to be upon you.

prayers for his soul,strength and comfort for his family and friends.

kate

I am praying.
May the Holy Spirit give you the right words to guide your students during this difficult time, and may this student’s family and friends feel surrounded by God’s loving arms and find comfort in His love.

Alma

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

There is no death, for the soul is eternal.

Jesus, hold this child of yours and all who need you in this trial -the living must endure it, and will with your love. Your mercy endures forever.

Praying

Oh Holy Spirit, please be with the teacher as she has to address the other students. Please let her voice be one of comfort, compassion and stability to those who need it.

Dear Jesus, be with the student’s family in their time of grieving. In the flesh, there is so much we don’t understand and we know their grieving will last a lifetime. Please comfort them and let them know their child rests safely in the arms of God.

may the holy spirit be with you tomorrow and the students as you deal with the grief over the death of this student.

may God watch over the family and help them through this loss.

God be with you all.

Praying
Grandma Glor

Jesus please receive this young soul into heaven. Please give comfort and strength, and deepen the faith of all those struggling with the death of this young person.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.