One world religion?

I agree…its odd a book of this magnitude is sooo hard to understand and interpret, when in reality it should be similar to the Constitution or similar things. Misinterpretations of the bible have caused HUGE problems thru out history. Strange that God would sit idle while so many are not getting the intended message.

God is infinitely complex, why would his word be easy to understand?

God doesn’t sit idle. He gave authority to the Church (Magisterium). When we obey the legitimate authority of the Church on faith and morals, we are getting the message of Christ for our sanctification.
And…He supplies the grace for our sanctification, if we respond to it.

When you cite the “early Christians and the historical Churches”, it’s good to remember Jesus never taught from the Bible. Neither did His Apostles nor did ***many***churches prior to the availability the printing press. In the 1st century, Jesus used the scrolls in the Jewish synagogues at first to teach in the towns He visited to spread His ministry. Likewise, after Jesus’ death, resurrection, and ascension, the Apostle didn’t have hand copied versions of the Torah; they most likely borrowed from the synagogues or repeated from memory if they were well schooled. The scrolls were so scarce and valuable, it would be very difficult to believe anyone could just “borrow” them and walk around. The early Church taught verbally and sometimes used scrolls or letters but they had no Bible.

Up until the 4th century, there was no canon so no agreed upon set of books that would become known as The Bible. Each Bible was carefully hand copied which meant someone who was educated enough to read and write the holy words was required. Make a mistake and you throw out the page; there’s no backspace key in those days! If a single copying error was found in a Bible, they destroyed the entire book rather than teach heresy. This is why some people call Catholics “Bible burners” to this day!

Illiteracy was very high throughout most of the Church’s history and the Church began teaching reading and writing to spread the Word. The Church established the first system of education and lay people sent their children to the abbeys and monasteries so their children would have a chance at a better future. Those same parents couldn’t read a Bible if they could afford a copy (which was extremely rare prior to the Gutenberg press) but they were devout in attending Mass because that’s how the Bible was spread before literacy became more common place.

Tradition (big T) carried the Word of God for almost 1,600 years. Someone would be hard pressed to prove to me “you can’t know God if you haven’t read the Bible.” The Bible contains the Word of God; it does not contain God. :thumbsup:

Absolutely correct. They didn’t have the Bible - a single book; they had the Scriptures - a library. :wink: In fact, even after Christians invented the pandect (a codex or book containing all the scriptural literature; i.e. our modern ‘Bibles’) they were very rare, because they’re really costly to make, not to mention they’re bulky to boot. Having only individual copies of certain ‘books’ or sections (say, the four gospels) continued for some time.

Even So;13318407]

That’s your tradition to call it that. We don’t. We do believe all you need is there, and that doesn’t mean i don’t have other supplemental books, not unlike you.

What kind of ridiculous non-sense is this?

Your Prophet, the founder of Protestantism, Marin Luther, coined the term ‘sola scriptura’.

And modern Protestants of EVERY stripe, don’t just ‘call it that’; they proudly champion it.

There is a definite disdain between us, so that has to be rectified too.

Concur.

It won’t be right til JESUS returns.

Rather pretentious of you to pretend to know this, no?

Even so, come LORD JESUS!

Careful what you wish for; at least now you still have time to reconcile with His Bride, whom you have rejected, and disdained.

Not necessarily an ‘antichrist’.

A ‘seperated brother’, according to the Church that Christ left us.

Note that for all your pretended reverence of the Holy Bible…you disdain the wonderful gift He left to this world–HIS CHURCH.

Christ did not leave us a Bible; he left us a Church.

That’s why He selected Apostles, and expressly bequeathed His authority to them.

While I am working it is too hard to play around with Goya from my phone. But I get these crazy conspiracy emails that I lime to share. Cept I don’t think theys is crazy. This is from a secular pov and it completely fits what i think (I said think) is coming

activistpost.com/2015/09/un-launches-global-goals-blueprint.html

WOW, I had heard of Agenda 2030, but that was the first time I saw everything it includes, that is scary! Whats even scarier though, I bet MANY people will think this is the best idea ever and will fully support it.

I think God ‘mixed up’ the languages for a specific reason when he did this, hopefully he will do the same thing again before this goes too far.

Thank you Sloth, i am in agreement wit ya. Unlike my wife…:rolleyes: Keep an eye to world events and see if they don’t make sense. Then it may make sense. Make sense? :ehh:

Amen Mikekle, yet prophecy will be fulfilled. If anything, we will all be speaking about the same language. I thought that was link was scary crazy but totally buyable to the naive. It will make sense to those who really have no Christian background ( and too many who do) and they won’t even know what hit 'em. Think about the pull these pop stars and actors have. We are the intolerant phobes. I can talk with fellow Protestants, boy i hate using that term but it is what it is, but we mostly believe the same. We can bounce stuff off of each other here and learn from each other (for those who will tolerate Protestant beliefs), and i think makes us all the more wiser. If i am wrong, i’m wrong. Oh well. Poop happens. Did you know this site will let us say poop but not crp? I noticed Muzhik i think leave out the “a” for an asterisk one time.

It would seem as we get older, and somewhat more mature, we yearn to learn so things get harder. But this verse says it nicely

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

It would seem once we get past that age of accountability around adolescence, we start to lose our innocence and it’s time to become accountable. I was originally thinking of something else for this post, so i found 2 Peter 3:

16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, 18but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

And i’m sure youse guys have alot of your own favorites you could add. Let’s be encouraged to keep each other in check more, and less in contempt. May GOD bless you all.

Amen to that. But in case the person was wondering about those who don’t hear His voice and we place more emphasis on eschatolgy:

Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Satan has his unholy trinity to mimic GOD’s Holy Trinity.
Dragon is Satan
Beast is world leader/system
False Prophet is just that

I think anyways. I gotta get some :sleep:

Good Lord…put down the tin foil hat bubba, or take it to some other site.

This is a Catholic message board, not some tin-foil conspiracy MB. :nerd:

First, they are ‘goals’, not mandates.

Second, your tin-foil website contained a pile of very liberal extrapolations-or interpretations…or “translations” (whatever you want to call them):… --e.g…

*Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls

Translation: Population control through forced “Family Planning”

How the hell did this clown go from ‘empowering women’, and gender equality–you know, like women being afforded the right to vote–to Chinese style forced family planning, that does just the opposite???

Or how about this epic self-contradiction:

*Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all

Translation: Privatize all water sources, don’t forget to add fluoride*

So now the evil “one world government” is going to centralize ALL authority under one GOVERNMENT…by privatizing a natural resource–they’re going to take over the world…by empowering the PRIVATE SECTOR.

Sure. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Pure, unadulterated garbage–and this is coming from a conservative who distrusts and disdains the UN, almost completely.

But hey, props to you sir–mission accomplished–you successfully diverted attention from the issues I actually addressed in that post you responded to, and avoided having to wrestle with actual theological, doctrinal, faith based issues…on a Catholic website. :clapping::dancing::extrahappy:

:tiphat:

I never said it was gospel. I think someone needs a little tlc. So here’s a nice huggy for you ! :hug1: who luvs ya babe? JESUS! And me to a much lesser extent.

Here it is.
John 17:20-23

Those in the Catholic Church and remain so, are already in that one religion that Jesus said He will establish.Outside of which there is no salvation

Hey Steve, how are you ? That’s not quite what I was thinking, but maybe that’s what was wanted to refute me.

Originally Posted by Even So View Post

While I am working it is too hard to play around with Goya from my phone. But I get these crazy conspiracy emails that I lime to share. Cept I don’t think theys is crazy. This is from a secular pov and it completely fits what i think (I said think) is coming

Nah, not ‘gospel’ --you just believe what that link predicted.

Yet so many of its premises were garbage, how could you take its predictions serious?

Anyway…yeah, much love for Christ–and to you, sir, in the name of Christ. :wink:

:knight1:

:tiphat: howdy, Even So, I’m doing fine thanks for asking. Hope you are doing well also

Help me out, what is it that you were thinking?

I was merely answering sloth’s question #1

When I responded

Here it is.
John 17:20-23

Those in the Catholic Church and remain so, are already in that one religion that Jesus said He will establish. Outside of which there is no salvation

[FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It’s easy [/FONT]to go back in history and scripture to show that answer. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]#[FONT=&quot]34[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Take a read on Revelation 13. I think that would be more where I would start. My laptop crashed so I don’t have all my refs anymore.

These are not new ideas u consider “tin foil”, but have been around for some time. This particular thread happens to be titled “one world religion”. That involves prophecy which means interpretations of today and what’s coming. Being a conservative (most should be here) you know the left is talking equal pay for women to throw a decoy away from the real issues like health care, borders, and skirting the constitution. Population control has been around for decades; see abortion. This is the other reason for the gay marriage push. The first is Satan’s time grows nearer. I won’the bury my head in the sand so the hat stays. And the looks of the tone of your posts against mine smacks of bullying. But you wouldn’t do that as a conservative, would u?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.