Online Catechism

Good Morning Everyone,

Where can I find an online catechism of the catholic church & what are some good resources that I can use to study as well?

Thanks
Rose

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is available online at the Vatican website.

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

In addition to the Vatican website, the Catechism is also available on the U.S. Catholic bishops’ website:

ccc.usccb.org/flipbooks/catechism/index.html

And it is also on the website for a Catholic parish:

scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

The content on all three sites is the same, but the interface is different. So you can see which one is more “user friendly” for you.

You might also look at the U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults and the Compendium of the Catechism.

The one at scborromeo.org/ccc.htm has a pretty good search engine.

Yeah, that’s the one I still finding myself using most often because of the search engine.

I think the USCCB offers daily catechism email. Catechism in a year.

My favorite internet resource for the Catechism of the Catholic Church, CCC, is the Knights of Columbus web site at

kofc.org/un/en/catechism/index.html

It loads fast. You can type a paragraph number to easily access that paragraph.
The thing to remember when using a cell phone is to scroll down after you hit the “Submit” button in order to read the text below.

And super great, you can click on the foot note to read the reference and by clicking on the*
[View Referenced Text]
you can read the actual texts which are published in the*
Companion to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.*

This is very useful if you want to get the whole context by reading, the Bible text, the Early Church Father, Papal Encyclical, CIC,*
DS*- Heinrich Joseph DominicusDenzingerand AdolfSchönmetzer,S.J.’sEnchiridion Symbolorum - definitionum et declarationum de rebus fidei et morum*(1965)*etc.
John

Cool! I didn’t realize the Knights had the CCC on their site, too. That does look nice.

The Compendium of the Catechism, in Question and Answer format:

vatican.va/archive/compendium_ccc/documents/archive_2005_compendium-ccc_en.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.