Online dating site dumps 5,000 of its members for getting fat

I honestly didn’t know whether this belonged here, or in the moral theology page…but yeesh!

nationalledger.com/ledgerpop/article_272629786.shtml

I can’t even believe that such a website exists!!! Have we really sunk to such low, shallow depths that we even tolerate such a website? I am just so outraged I could scream. It’s no WONDER young girls are starving themselves TO DEATH!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

They all deserve each other.

and yes, I too worry about all this on our young girls.

wow! I don't think that site will last very long. I have always believed that good business goes along with good morals! So if they kick the larger members, then others might become offended by such practices, and then they will lose more and more members!

[quote="Morgosis, post:3, topic:181987"]
wow! I don't think that site will last very long. I have always believed that good business goes along with good morals! So if they kick the larger members, then others might become offended by such practices, and then they will lose more and more members!

[/quote]

I would hope so, but I get the feeling that this won't be the case since the reason so many were dumped was because the members complained about there being too many "fatties" running around because of the holidays.

I just get so frustrated when I hear about this kind of stuff. I was always teased for being "ugly" in middle school, then in high school I figured if I lost weight I'd be pretty enough. I wound up starving myself half to death. The pressure on women is so incredible and sites like this just exacerbate the problem. GRRR!!!

yeah…you defiantly have a point there.

lol at this quote from the founder.

As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld. Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded

oh noooooo, not the fatties. It seems that White Goodman from Dodgeball is a real person after all.

yeah…beautiful people does not always mean being skinny, I have a friend who runs a small modeling agency near where I live, and she takes people of ages/sizes…and large companies like JCpenny and The Bonton uses her models all the time…at least they know what everyone in the world likes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.