Online men's group

Hello, my name is Shaun and I am looking to start an online men’s group. I have never been in a men’s group or Bible study but believe a healthy fraternity is great for a man. For me it is hard to branch out and connect in person with work/family/etc. and I feel like getting something going online may be more convenient and easier for some to do on a consistent basis. First I just want to get a group of 5-7 guys together that are up for meeting in someway regularly online and would be open to helping grow the group into whatever the Holy Spirit leads it to be. I am in my early 30’s and just starting a family with my wonderful wife. We have a 1.5 year old and a 2nd child due any day now.

I am praying that the Holy Spirit will just bring together a group of 5-7 of us who can get together and provide and strength and support to one another and get to know each other and help each other become to know Christ more on a regular basis. This group can evolve into whatever the Lord has planned for it. Please let me know if you are interested. God Bless!

Seek the will of God First Matt 6:33.Do you have a Spiritual Father a Catholic Priest ? who will able to guide you .You cannot do thing on your own ,you need to discern whether it is the will of God or you own zeal,and passion ,especially, when you need to take care of you new family, kids and all.as St Paul says in the verse below.

1 Timothy 3 :1 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

What nonsense is this? I’ve had lots of good contacts with people online which have created life long friendships from all around the world. One must not always think the worst of people. For instance I met an Englishman online back in 2003, we’ve visited each other a few times and have had a friendship that has lasted for 16 years now and I’m his daughters godfather.

I think it’s a great idea, one could set up a Discord if they’d like to voice chat. Don’t let these people keep you down Lectio.

I met my wife online over 20 years ago! Anyone not sincere will be found out soon enough.

Pray to see if it’s God’s will. He will provide if He wills!

I’m willing to. PM me if you want and let’s see if we can get this thing going.

Thanks for your willingness to join Michael! I will be in touch with you and we will see if we can get a few more guys to join in yet. God bless.

Thank you. God bless you too.

I am in an online group with about 10 to 12 other ladies we are from all over the US and Canada. These ladies are more supportive than many of my so called friends in my hometown. We are like sisters to each other, rejoicing in our happiness and lifting each other up and offering support when someone is having difficulties. Please don’t let these neigh sayers discourage you, prayerfully ask God to lead you to the people He wants in your group. It may even be people you are already friends with on social media.

Thank you for your encouragement! Glad to hear you have a great group like this, looking forward to seeing God’s plan unfold.

Roses, can I ask how your group got started?

Continue to pray that we have several more men interested in this group. God Bless.

Will do, Lectio

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.